Thread: old hewescraft refurb

Got all the old square skags cut off the bottom and am replacing it with angle . Completely stripped the boat of everythong that was in it, plan on cieling it with glove it and putting in a 3" deep tunnel new used 150 hp motor hopefully a skid plate new floor boards reinforce the transom i got a long way to go.

Its gettin pretty serious got the rest of the skags on just a few more welds to go before dent repairs

Oh ya just bought 2 sheets of uhmw . This boats gonna be one bad chicken in a hurry anybody got a suggestion on the best way to attach this stuff im thinking about bolting it

attaching uhmw has been discussed here before- http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...om-How-Applied

I have thought about adding uhmw strips to the bottom of our smaller boat. I would use bolts and glue, stainless steel sex bolts(aka barrel nuts and barrel bolts) to not have anything protruding up from the floor and thread lock to prevent them loosening up and epoxy for glue between the boat and uhmw.

is that a 18' river runner?

Ya its 18ft i have a bunch of gluvit its epoxy i was gonna paint that on then pit the plastic on and use stainless counter sink bolts. I was looken at phantom jet boats facebook page the other day and thees a pic of a piece of plastic attached to the boat and you cant see any bolts at all. I asked how they did it but nobody asnwered ancient jet boat secrets i guess

Cant decide if i should go between the chines and have aluminum sticking out or go over then i dont want the angle to cut through the plasticor

take a look at this on tinboat.net- http://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewto...p?f=48&t=23196

Doin some finish work on the chines

Got a few more pics it stopped letting me upload them for some reason

Default uhmw and tunnel

Default previous work that was erased gluvit tunnel chines