Thread: Awa hayflats project is a go for this saturday, the 26th

Default Awa hayflats project is a go for this saturday, the 26th

Doug Hill from F&G and I will be there at 9 am. Anytime after that will be fine, should be easy to spot the work party by the trucks parked along the hayflats. Please park in front of the F&G truck with yellow flashing lights and as far off the highway as you can. It's a easy walk out, ice cleats or grippers are a good idea if you have them, a small sled to pull gear if you have one would be good. Suggest a lunch and coffee or something else to drink. Snowboots to keep your feet warm. I anticipate a pretty easy job, but labor intensive as there are lots and lots of small diameter trees to cut down and drag over to the edge of the pond. Sounds like we have a half doz or so chain saws coming, more are welcome but we need mostly now just man(or woman) power to drag the cut trees. Ice is thick so you don't need rubber boots or waders, Hope to see you all there, no need to let us know you are coming, just arrive ready to help will be great. Check the forum Friday for any last minute changes, especially if unexpected weather blows in. See you all there. Bud
    Wasilla

Just put a new plug in the chainsaw and fired it up. See ya Saturday morninng. Duckdon
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

Bump, .....call me if any questions, otherwise will see you sat morning. Bud 240 4090
    Wasilla