Thread: Very interesting......

Default Very interesting......

With all the "cabin foundation" discussion hereabouts, thought I'd add this to the, ahem, pile. http://www.pinfoundations.com/green.htm
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

That system would be great except for one little thing called Frost Jacking. Something like that setting on organics would have a field day with moving your building around.

I wonder about shipping. probably cube rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    That system would be great except for one little thing called Frost Jacking. Something like that setting on organics would have a field day with moving your building around.
    Unless you set it below frost depth, of course.

Default Very interesting......

I'm not seeing the benefit to the added complexities, much less the cost.

It does seem pretty strange....time will tell, I guess. Could perform very well on the right soil; I've seen sonotubes and even continuous foundations fail miserably on the wrong sites.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Very interesting as long as you find soil to put in on. I am a firm believer of not breaking ground to go sub surface. Like the "Big Foot" staying on top but getting the large foot print. Shipping is why I think this is a good idea for getting a foundation laid down for a cabin. Not to mention the man hours this would save, just need a jack hammer and a shovel. Maybe the addition of a screw top for adjustment.

George