Bringing back the dead horse debate: Tires. I have a new Ranger on order and am in the process of acquiring all the little things to make it "mine". Part of that process is tires. Reading through others threads, the ITP 589's sound like a sure thing, but I can't help but look at other newer treads like the ITP Mayhem and Mega-Meyhem, or even some of the other tried and true tires like the Zillas or the Mud Bugs. Even though I really love the tread design and reputation of the Swamp Lites, I am turned off by the diminished tread life reported.
I do not intend go go out bombing through mud holes every weekend. It will be a hunting and family rig, but if a killer mud hole stands between me and where I need to go, I want to get from point A to point B without needing assistance from my buddy, Warn.
So my questions are:
1) Does anyone have any experience with the ITP Mayhem series tires? Pros and cons?
2) If I choose one of the tried and trues, which one would you recommend and why?
3) Are the Mud Lite's as bad as some make them out to be? Are the XTR's any better than the XL or XXL's?
4) Should I reconsider the Swamp Lites"
5) Does a 14" rim give any advantage or disadvantage over a 12" rim?
6) What size of tire would be most PRACTICAL for a ranger without modifications (meaning no lift, spacers, etc.)?
I greatly appreciate all your advice. I know there is no one answer, but I am really on the fence on the tires. All the other accessories seem like an easy decision comparatively.
~Tight lines and tight groups.