Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranger 6x6 tires

Default Ranger 6x6 tires

I am thinking of purchasing a 2013 ranger 6x6, was looking at the black mamba tires in the 27x10x12 size. Has anybody done this? I have looked all over the web but cant find anything that says if they will fit or not. Looks like the thread makes them 12 1/2" wide so I'm not sure they will clear. Will the rear tires touch with a larger diameter tire or will I be ok with 27's. Also any input on accesories would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by elpoyodiablo2000 View Post
    I am thinking of purchasing a 2013 ranger 6x6, was looking at the black mamba tires in the 27x10x12 size. Has anybody done this? I have looked all over the web but cant find anything that says if they will fit or not. Looks like the thread makes them 12 1/2" wide so I'm not sure they will clear. Will the rear tires touch with a larger diameter tire or will I be ok with 27's. Also any input on accesories would be appreciated.
    If you don't mind me asking , why black mambas, at 55 pounds per tire sure seems like you will be losing a lot of power or snapping some axles...

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    If you don't mind me asking , why black mambas, at 55 pounds per tire sure seems like you will be losing a lot of power or snapping some axles...

I am looking for an aggressive mud tire and these offer a lot of center tread which I think would be smoother riding than the silverbacks. I didn't realize they were 10 pounds heavier, that's something I should deffinately consider, what's everybody else running for mostly mud on the ranger 6x6? I really don't want to have to change the machine much from stock.

A lot of 6x rangers running 27" mudlites. I have them on the front and 589's on the rear 4.

2010 Ranger 6X6, buddy has 2011, another Buddy has 2012 and we all run 28x11X12 ITP 589's on all six tires. We use Backwoods Armor 2" forward front Arched A-arms. This gives you the steering clearance so you can run a bigger and wider tire up front without there being any rubbing.

What's printed on the tire is rarely the actual size. The 28" ITP 589's are really like 27's. The 27" ITP Mudlites, XTR's, XL's and XXL's all run true to advertised size so if you picked one of them you would only be able to run 27's. The biggest deal with 6X6's is the center tire and rear tire clearance. So, far my experience has been, that real-world-on-the-ground measurement of 27" is enough clearance for the center and rear tires.

589's do not LOOK like they are agressive, but they are the lightest MUD AND SNOW tire out there and they win all kinds of mud championships. They are sturdy as heck and have never let me down. Notice I said, "Lightest Mud and Snow tire" I'm not saying they are the lightest ATV/UTV aftermarket tire. Mudlites are lighter, but they are not advertised as a true mud and snow tire. Don't get sucked into the fancy knobs and side tread. Also, why do you care about a smooth ride? Is a Ranger 6X6! not a cadillac. This always cracks me up when people are putting aftermarket tires on an ATV or UTV and they are concerned about a smooth ride....really?

Lastly, options, IMO, the basics are a winch, halfwindshield, and aftermarket tires. You get those three things and you'll have a really nice rig.

I have 30" Silverbacks and they do not ride that rough. The Mamba's are too heavy, take a look at the Outlaws, they have a radial version that rides well and is a great mud tire. The big draw back I've found with the real aggressive mud tires is they are scary slick on dry ground, gravel, or hard pack.

[
    Never said smooth. Smoother = less damage to front end components, why wouldn't you want a slightly smother ride on trail if the tire performs equally as well in the mud as a silverback?
    This machine will mostly be used in my with some trail riding so ride qaulity isn't such a big deal because you will mostly be getting beat up 90% of the time. Maybe I should just stick with the XMR but with a passenger it is often inconvenient and cannot haul everything I need sometimes

QUOTE=1S1K;1235119]2010 Ranger 6X6, buddy has 2011, another Buddy has 2012 and we all run 28x11X12 ITP 589's on all six tires. We use Backwoods Armor 2" forward front Arched A-arms. This gives you the steering clearance so you can run a bigger and wider tire up front without there being any rubbing.

What's printed on the tire is rarely the actual size. The 28" ITP 589's are really like 27's. The 27" ITP Mudlites, XTR's, XL's and XXL's all run true to advertised size so if you picked one of them you would only be able to run 27's. The biggest deal with 6X6's is the center tire and rear tire clearance. So, far my experience has been, that real-world-on-the-ground measurement of 27" is enough clearance for the center and rear tires.

589's do not LOOK like they are agressive, but they are the lightest MUD AND SNOW tire out there and they win all kinds of mud championships. They are sturdy as heck and have never let me down. Notice I said, "Lightest Mud and Snow tire" I'm not saying they are the lightest ATV/UTV aftermarket tire. Mudlites are lighter, but they are not advertised as a true mud and snow tire. Don't get sucked into the fancy knobs and side tread. Also, why do you care about a smooth ride? Is a Ranger 6X6! not a cadillac. This always cracks me up when people are putting aftermarket tires on an ATV or UTV and they are concerned about a smooth ride....really?

Lastly, options, IMO, the basics are a winch, halfwindshield, and aftermarket tires. You get those three things and you'll have a really nice rig.[/QUOTE]

How big of a lift to fit 30's, the back tires don't touch? What axels you running? Is it dependable, I can't find anything about lifting a 6x

I don't run a Ranger, I have the XMR as well. The biggest tire I've seen on a 6x6 is 28" and they were awfully close together. Contact Highlifter.com and talk to some of their techs, they can set up a lift or point you to an existing set up. You can also go to the Polaris Ranger Forum and get the answers there from people who've done it. I spoke to a couple on there when I was looking at going the Ranger 6x6 route myself.

mud lites i had on a 6x6 ranger and a ranger crew and had tire problems very other ride tearing lugs, knocking off the bead, losing air pressure. now i have 589's and have had no problems so far. am going to get a new rig this year might be a ranger 6x6 on 28inch 589's

Quote Originally Posted by Fishkill View Post
    Contact Highlifter.com and talk to some of their techs, Polaris Ranger Forum .
    Don't waste your time with Highlifter or the Polaris Ranger Forum. I have a 2010 Ranger 6X6. I know for a fact the biggest tire you can put on a 2010 or newer 6X6 is real world measurement of 27". Notice I said real world, not what is stamped on the side of the tire. I am currently running 28x11X12 ITP 589's on all six tires. ITP 589's run small. If you went with Mudlites or even Swamplites those 28" tires if truly 28" would be too big.

27" real world diameter is the max.

Default 2013 6 x6

So those of you running the ITP 589 28 x 11 x12 on all 6 tires, do you have to modify the front or can you run these with the stock front? Also what are you seeing for clearance between the center and rear tires? trying to figure out if I need 27" and/or if I need 9" wide on the front???
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

28" ITP 589's will fit without any modifications, but just be aware that Polaris' warranty will not cover any drive train issues if you put larger than a 27" tire on the machine, even though the true diameter is closer to to 27" with the advertised 28" tires. I have a 2013 Ranger 900 XP and run 27x12-12 on all four tires without rubbing and have talked to several people with current model (2010-2013) 6x6's and they run 12 wide in the front as well. If you have a new machine with a warranty, I would not go over a 27" for the sole purpose of not voiding the warranty. There is not enough difference between 27's and 28's to be worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Kings View Post
    So those of you running the ITP 589 28 x 11 x12 on all 6 tires, do you have to modify the front or can you run these with the stock front? Also what are you seeing for clearance between the center and rear tires? trying to figure out if I need 27" and/or if I need 9" wide on the front???
    Any others care to share or commnet?
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

the two inch forward arms will give you all the clearance you need in the front. 28's are good but really are only 1/2 inch taller than the 27's. also you will lose power by going bigger. Unless u want to clutch it I'd stay at 27's. I run the 28's 11" all the way around but it's clutched. I have run the 27's also. Either way is fine. When running the 27's I never got left behind because the machine couldn't make it. Traction and clearance were not an issue. So my opinion is 28's and clutch. Or 27's and be just fine either way u are in a 6x6 and are nearly unstoppable

Anyone try 27" outlaws on these?

Default Mamba Lites

Well I went with the Black Mamba lites, they seem to do well for my purpose, I may try some Outlaw 2's later but we will see how i like theese first after i put some more miles on them

photo (4).jpgphoto.jpgThe stock tires just didnt cut it, snorkeling it this week, light bar, and probably going to build a locker in place of the tool box. Maybe next year flat bed it with some auxilary fuel tanks, my buddy put a 30 gallon tank on his and he likes it, I might not go quite so big but who knows, I want sont lockers with shelves in them to keep all my tools and recovery gear/ spare oil/ air filter/ anchor and what not

I put 27" ITP 589's on my 2011 6X6 last year and can't be happier. Excellent tires.

589 is a great tire, lots of friends run them and they are **** near bullet proof, where did you buy them, I know somebody looking that is having trouble finding them
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I put 27" ITP 589's on my 2011 6X6 last year and can't be happier. Excellent tires.

Fish Creek Sales on the Palmer Wasilla Highway. (800) 446-2611 or (907) 373-2650.
    Quote Originally Posted by elpoyodiablo2000 View Post
    589 is a great tire, lots of friends run them and they are **** near bullet proof, where did you buy them, I know somebody looking that is having trouble finding them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast