Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you pay for a nice AR-15...........THIS Week ????

Default What would you pay for a nice AR-15...........THIS Week ????

OK, Skip the sillyness........Skip the 2A "Rant"........Skip what you could have got one for Last Year. Acting as an Adult.

What would you pay for a good, clean, nice AR-15 ???? NOT what they should sell for, but what would you pay.....????

Depends on gun. 1000-1200

$900, but only if the rifle was 100% milspec, so that rules out about 85% of them on the market.

I am right around $1000 as well.

$1200. I've been able to build them with good parts at this price after the crap that started. Just have to know where to look for parts and be patient.

Once people's credit card bills come due and the wives get tired of the spending on guns that guys never are going to shoot, prices are going to drop back to October levels. Rifles settled in during the last ban at a price the same as before the ban. The only thing that demanded huge prices throughout the ban were pre-ban magazines. ( I have plenty of mags)

The thing that pisses me off is that my family actually uses our rifles. We shot over 4000 rounds out of our AR's last year and at least that in our pistols. I have a year's supply on hand for next season, but we usually load up during the slow winter months. Powder and primers are GONE, not to mention 55 gr 5.56 projectiles. I've got time to be patient, but I moved too slow to get my 2013 reloading supplies on hand. Guys that will never use the powder and primers are sucking everything up just like in '94. I know guys that are STILL sitting on thousands of primers and pounds of powder bought back then and they still haven't used it....unfortunately they won't sell it to me and they bought MORE???? just recently... LMAO..
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

1100 for mil spec plain m4 semi. Not 2000+

About $600 if I wanted one. Am sure I am in the minority but I simply have no use or desire to own one.

Thanks for the replies so far, I find it is educational for me.

I'll break it down further from my perspective...all M4 style carbines in 5.56...nobody get their panties in a wad if you own one you think it's worth more. This is just my price perspective and mine only. This is obviously not a total list since there is a BUNCH of AR builders out there.

• $750 for a CMMG, Del-Ton, Double-Star, Olympic or Bushy Carbon-15
    • $950 for a DPMS, Bushmaster or Stag
    • $1050 for Spikes
    • $1200 for a S&W, Troy or Sig
    • $1250 for a Bravo Company MOD 0 or Colt 6920
    • $1750 for a Noveske N4 or basic Recce.

Everything above this line has standard AR furniture, plastic hand guards, A2 fixed sight. Below this line is the models with better handguards.

• $1800 for a Daniel Defense M4V5 or V7
    • $2000 for a Daniel Defense M4V1
    • $2500 for a Noveske Light Recce
    • $2500 to 3000 for a Knights or some of the LaRue rifles
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I am never a "buyer" in a sellers market. Like some have mentioned, be patient and wait it out. Prices will fall back to normal after the hysteria dies out. Or not. Seems like 800 to 1300 is reasonable depending on make, model, and options.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

+1 for a DD. Putting one on order.

I am still (This Week) buying Top shelf Uppers ONLY....... for just under $1,500.00 knowing the earliest I will receive them is 5 to 7 months. Of course I don't expect anything but accelerating hyper-inflation for the next "------" Years. If I want it in the future I buy it today while it is DIRT cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I am still (This Week) buying Top shelf Uppers ONLY....... for just under $1,500.00 knowing the earliest I will receive them is 5 to 7 months. Of course I don't expect anything but accelerating hyper-inflation for the next "------" Years. If I want it in the future I buy it today while it is DIRT cheap.
    What are you ordering for uppers. I have a lower that needs a mate! Can't decide?

If I really wanted one I think for a decent one 1200 would be upper limit. Many of the ar15 parts INCLUDING noveske upper/lowers are made by the same people. Same with barrels. So paying 2500+ for one is just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Kabob View Post
    What are you ordering for uppers. I have a lower that needs a mate! Can't decide?
    This coming week I'll order: http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=

However I just got this in November, and it is super sweet: http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=

Quote Originally Posted by shayno View Post

Many of the ar15 parts INCLUDING noveske upper/lowers are made by the same people. Same with barrels. So paying 2500+ for one is just crazy.
    Request your source for this information..........? I don't doubt that some parts are. I really need several of these handgaurds, if you know who makes them: http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...ay.cgi?cat=183

Bought two Barnes Precision AR-15's this month for $1399 each. Same price they were 3 months ago. Talked with him on the phone and he refused to raise his prices. Made me want his gun even more. Told me he will not be raising prices and he is not tolerating his guns being sold for $2000 and such as was recently brought to his attention from some local gun shops here in NC. Got to respect that. Incredible guns too.

-Dan

I paid $1,800 for a Larue PredatAR this week. Lead time is 6-12 months...

Quote Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post
    I paid $1,800 for a Larue PredatAR this week. Lead time is 6-12 months...
    You never loose money when you "Invest" in Quality. Quality tools are the cheapest Tools in the long'run.

Larue makes nice stuff from what I have heard. I got two mounts from them last week for my two Barnes Precision AR's. Original plan was to use the Larue Eotech mount and Larue scope mount interchangeably as I only had one Barnes Precision rifle. Then the other day I got an opportunity to pick up another Barnes Precision AR. So now I don't need the quick detach mounts as much. But the quality of the mounts is quite impressive. The box came with all kind of goodies as well, dillo beverage entry tool, dillo dust seasoning, dvd of sniper competition, etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast