Thread: made is usa?

Default made is usa?

Couldnt find if savage rifles are 100$ made in us and if kimber rifles are 100% made in the usa?

Savage (at least recently) had manufacturing in the US and Canada.

Kimber is made in US.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Kimber shotguns were from Turkey.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I'm fairly certain that Savage's rimfire guns are made in Ontario, Canada, but all of their centerfires are made in CT. Savage is probably the best thing going, value-wise, for American made guns in the current market. No one in my family ever dreamed we'd be boycotting Winchester, but there it is.

Kimber makes shotguns and people boycott Winchester? What's the problem with Winchester?

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    Kimber makes shotguns and people boycott Winchester? What's the problem with Winchester?
    Kimber hasn't cataloged a shotgun in a while. I did see one several years ago and it was very nice.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    What's the problem with Winchester?
    FN purchased the rights to the Winchester name from Olin Corp. back in the mid 2000's. They immediately shut down the New Haven facility and moved it south to Columbia, SC, to their non-union factory where they make Brownings and some military weapons for the US Government. In and of itself, that's not SO bad.

Where they made what, I hope will be, their fatal mistake, was they shipped all of their shotgun manufacturing to Europe. SO now, the Winchester pump and autoloaders are made by FN in Belgium. But that's not the worst of it. The real sin, the true...absolute blasphemy...is that they shipped all of the lever action production first to Japan, to the Howa facility, and, since the tsunami, they moved that manufacturing to Taiwan, which, since the late 90's is "technically" part of the People's Republic of China. True, they brought back the 1892 and 1886 model rifles, and most recently reintroduced the 1873, but manufacturing them in Japan and China (really, anywhere outside the US) is an unforgivable sin. (Nevermind that they make a quality rifle, which, thus far, most reports seem to indicate that they do.) To a dyed in the wool Winchester purists, (I'm the 3rd generation of my family that shoots and collects Winchesters) this is simply intolerable. Add to all of that that, as of this year, even the Model 70 production has been shipped to Europe for all but the final assemble, which is still going on in South Carolina...for now. A Japanese Model 94...it makes my skin crawl. I hope FN looses their shirt on this scheme and Winchester goes out forever. Better to remember the guns for what they were than to accept this abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    FN purchased the rights to the Winchester name from Olin Corp. back in the mid 2000's. They immediately shut down the New Haven facility and moved it south to Columbia, SC, to their non-union factory where they make Brownings and some military weapons for the US Government. In and of itself, that's not SO bad.

Where they made what, I hope will be, their fatal mistake, was they shipped all of their shotgun manufacturing to Europe. SO now, the Winchester pump and autoloaders are made by FN in Belgium. But that's not the worst of it. The real sin, the true...absolute blasphemy...is that they shipped all of the lever action production first to Japan, to the Howa facility, and, since the tsunami, they moved that manufacturing to Taiwan, which, since the late 90's is "technically" part of the People's Republic of China. True, they brought back the 1892 and 1886 model rifles, and most recently reintroduced the 1873, but manufacturing them in Japan and China (really, anywhere outside the US) is an unforgivable sin. (Nevermind that they make a quality rifle, which, thus far, most reports seem to indicate that they do.) To a dyed in the wool Winchester purists, (I'm the 3rd generation of my family that shoots and collects Winchesters) this is simply intolerable. Add to all of that that, as of this year, even the Model 70 production has been shipped to Europe for all but the final assemble, which is still going on in South Carolina...for now. A Japanese Model 94...it makes my skin crawl. I hope FN looses their shirt on this scheme and Winchester goes out forever. Better to remember the guns for what they were than to accept this abomination.

Go ahead....tell us how you really feel. LoL!

Did the 94 production go to Howa or Mirakou? I know Mirakou made some one offs for Browning in the past like the 71 repro as well as some shotguns but didn't know about moving to Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Go ahead....tell us how you really feel. LoL!

Did the 94 production go to Howa or Mirakou? I know Mirakou made some one offs for Browning in the past like the 71 repro as well as some shotguns but didn't know about moving to Taiwan.
    I believe I mistyped, that is to say, you are correct, the lever guns went to Mirakou. I am corrected. And yes, that's how I really feel LOL.

Ugg, I am betting John Wayne is doing somesaults!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Just buy Ruger, made in USA, period!!!

I do love rugers. I did recently just pick up a savage 116 fcss in 30-06. It is to be my new main hunting rifle. It says savage usa on it but not where its made. Thanks for the info guys. I did hear that kimber pistols have parts from different countries. Just as the springfields are. Another reason i wont own a springfield.

Guns Made in the USA Directory http://www.americansworking.com/guns.html

I remember researching Kimber when I bought my 325 MT back in 04 or 05. 100% made in USA. Only raw materials go in the factory to make the entire gun. Kevlar/carbon fiber stock and all. Only exception is the Pachmeyer Deaccelarator pad. But they're made in the US. And man I love that rifle.

"Model 8400 rifles chambered for WSM cartridges featurefree-floated 24-inch match grade barrels, chambers andtriggers. Barreled actions are bedded on twin aluminumpillars permanently bonded into the stock, and recoil lugsare glass bedded for both strength and accuracy. Classic,Classic Select Grade and SuperAmerica models featureproperly shaped classic walnut stocks with hand-rubbed oilfinish and hand-cut checkering. Montana models are hard-core mountain rifles with stainless steel barreled actions andKevlar/carbon fiber stocks. Straight combs and Pachmayr®Decelerator® pads all but eliminate felt recoil. Made entirelyin the Kimber factory, the Model 8400 is the finest productionsporting rifle available today. "
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Their shotgun didn't make it because the name Kimber did not make a Huglu worth four or five grand when you could get the plain model at wall-mart for $450.00 or the quail or ring-neck models for a grand at other gun shops.. I have no problem with handgun makers getting parts from CZ as long as its not CZ in Turkey
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

i was just reading the manual that came with the savage...i noticed its 100% english! Gotta love it!