Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Well... Im kinda screwed.

  1. #1
    Member akula682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    1,187

    Default Well... Im kinda screwed.

    I work in Afghanistan live in AK, BUT since i dont have anyone to watch my property, (get my mail) in AK, i have my Mailing addy in NY, with my Parents. With the new NY "anti" Law i cant even get Reloading gear sent to NY anymore.

    Does anyone know of a way/ place in AK that will hold onto my orders until im done working over here or am i SOL?

    I am waiting to hear back from some friends in other states to see if they would be willing to help.

    (ive got a big order sitting at midwayUSA just waiting to be processed, 338, 7mm and 6.5)
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Mailboxes Etc. might hold it, but you'd have to have someone here go down and set it up for you.
    Next option would be have it sent to a friend, then have THEM send it to your folks (if THAT is legal).
    There may be a business here that would hold it for you.

  3. #3

    Default

    When will you be back in Alaska......??? & How will it be shipped.....???

  4. #4
    Member akula682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    I hope ill be here for another 2 years i hope, (maybe 4 with Obama in office still) and it would be shipped how ever MidwayUSA ships things, and how ever Cast Performance or the like does.
    I still hoping for one of my buddies from the lower 48 to hook me up so i can swing by their place on my way back to AK.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

  5. #5
    Member alaskabliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    What am I missing with not being able to send reloading components to New York?
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    What am I missing with not being able to send reloading components to New York?

    Buy the time he gets back in two years, reloading equipment & components, will most likely have to be "REGISTERED" in New York.

  7. #7
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    Unfortunately, the best place to send the stuff is not Alaska. The freight rates are going to eat you up. You need to find someone in the lower 48 to hold them because the ground shipping to their is FAR cheaper than to Alaska. Unfortunately, getting it sent to AK after you get home is still going to cost a fair amount. How much stuff is it? Loaded ammo? Powder? Primers?
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

  8. #8
    Sponsor ADfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Missing Palmer AK in Phonix AZ.
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    You are welcome to send the NY banned stuff to me addressed to you in care of C Lazy F Co and Iíll stick it on a shelf till you get back home and come get it, happy to help deployed active duty any way I can! But like Doug says shipping powder and primers to AK will suck unless you get in on one of the group buys that are likely to start happening soon here. Anyway, happy to help all I can that would include guns as Iím an FFL but Iíll need to do a transfer when you gut them so if we get a Federal AWB (I doubt we will) between when you buy and pick up we could run into issues.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

  9. #9
    Member akula682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    What am I missing with not being able to send reloading components to New York?
    IDK what you're missing, but i put a couple thousand bullets, not loaded ammo, on order and midwayUSA will not ship to NY anymore. I figured that NY is calling ANY bullet item "ammo" and thats gotta be registered now, and sent through a FFL. NEITHER of which i want to do. Yeah its not really that big of a deal since i dont plan on using them for anything other than practice and hunting... but it is none of their F'n business what i buy!
    BS like this is why i left NY in the first place.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

  10. #10
    Member akula682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Unfortunately, the best place to send the stuff is not Alaska. The freight rates are going to eat you up. You need to find someone in the lower 48 to hold them because the ground shipping to their is FAR cheaper than to Alaska. Unfortunately, getting it sent to AK after you get home is still going to cost a fair amount. How much stuff is it? Loaded ammo? Powder? Primers?
    Yup, this is why im waiting on my buddies down in the 48 to get back to me, i would much rather pick it up on the drive back to AK.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

  11. #11
    Member GD Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    PANC
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    IDK what you're missing, but i put a couple thousand bullets, not loaded ammo, on order and midwayUSA will not ship to NY anymore. I figured that NY is calling ANY bullet item "ammo" and thats gotta be registered now, and sent through a FFL. NEITHER of which i want to do. Yeah its not really that big of a deal since i dont plan on using them for anything other than practice and hunting... but it is none of their F'n business what i buy!
    BS like this is why i left NY in the first place.
    When is Upstate going to secede from NYC/LI? If ever there was a difference in one state, that's it. Well, and put a fence around Albany to keep Cuomo and those other incompetents caged in. How they heck did they come up with a magazine limit of 7? Even California didn't do that to Garand owners years ago.

  12. #12
    Sponsor ADfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Missing Palmer AK in Phonix AZ.
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    When is Upstate going to secede from NYC/LI? If ever there was a difference in one state, that's it. Well, and put a fence around Albany to keep Cuomo and those other incompetents caged in. How they heck did they come up with a magazine limit of 7? Even California didn't do that to Garand owners years ago.
    Hell they even screwed cops, even they had to unload from 15 to 7 . . . everyone feel safer now? LOL
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

  13. #13
    Sponsor ADfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Missing Palmer AK in Phonix AZ.
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    IDK what you're missing, but i put a couple thousand bullets, not loaded ammo, on order and midwayUSA will not ship to NY anymore. I figured that NY is calling ANY bullet item "ammo" and thats gotta be registered now, and sent through a FFL. NEITHER of which i want to do. Yeah its not really that big of a deal since i dont plan on using them for anything other than practice and hunting... but it is none of their F'n business what i buy!
    BS like this is why i left NY in the first place.
    That is it, everything to NY has got to go to an FFL and you get a background check when you pick it up . . . And they donít even have a system up yet so the FFL canít even give it to you yet!
     
    I agree, none of their business what you buy. I donít care what Midway ships ya here, Iíd just toss the box on the shelf to gather dust just like the mail man brings it.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

  14. #14
    Member akula682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    One of my last remaining friends in NY is finally done with NY's BS, he is looking to move to TX or someplace that is Freedom Friendly. The sooner he moves the sooner i can start shipping my stuff to him.

    (there are a lot of people trying to get NY to split, i always said "anything east of the hudson river line".)
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

  15. #15
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    Josh- I would also be glad to receive your stuff and store it in Alaska for your return also. If it's just bullets, it's easy. I have a hardware store and plenty of storage space for you. PM me if you are interested, I have a couple freight forwarders I use out of Seattle/Tacoma that Midway could ship to and them move them to Alaska. I go to these forwarders weekly and it would be no hassle for me to pick up your stuff.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

  16. #16
    Member akula682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Josh- I would also be glad to receive your stuff and store it in Alaska for your return also. If it's just bullets, it's easy. I have a hardware store and plenty of storage space for you. PM me if you are interested, I have a couple freight forwarders I use out of Seattle/Tacoma that Midway could ship to and them move them to Alaska. I go to these forwarders weekly and it would be no hassle for me to pick up your stuff.
    Thanks AKDoug, and everyone else who offered. I'll let you all know what happens.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

  17. #17
    New member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    What about driving that stuff thru Canada?.Four boxes of loaded ammo seems to be the magic number with the Cndn customs,depending on which side of bed they got out of.They also asked me about armor piercing rounds,.But I'm wondering about the powder,and how much is too much?Anybody know?

  18. #18
    Member akula682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highbush View Post
    What about driving that stuff thru Canada?.Four boxes of loaded ammo seems to be the magic number with the Cndn customs,depending on which side of bed they got out of.They also asked me about armor piercing rounds,.But I'm wondering about the powder,and how much is too much?Anybody know?

    Screw the Mounties, RAM THE GATE!!! (JK!!! I will be taking the ferry for that trip. the amount of crap they gave me for having a box of 250rnds of 40SW the last time i drove through... i dont want or need that.)


    Also Thanks everyone for the help, but it seems that MidwayUSA jumped the gun a bit, The magazine ban was immediate but the ammo ban will not start until next Jan. So i have another year of stocking up to do.


    copy of the letter they sent out

    Dear Valued Customer,
    I'm sure you're well aware that on January 15, 2013, New York passed and the Governor signed into law the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act. Now, I'm no politician, but it looks like all this law does is keep law abiding New Yorkers from purchasing or owning certain products, many of which we sell. While, I've always been against bad people doing bad things, I've also always been against honest folks being deprived of their 2nd Amendment rights. It pains me that New Yorkers are going to suffer for the acts of the wicked who don't obey laws.
    When this law went into effect last week, MidwayUSA rushed to comply and keep our Customers and our company from doing anything illegal. Since this 39-page law was written and approved by people who don't know what a gun is or the difference between bullets and ammunition, we had to spend a lot of time sorting through the legalese to fully understand the details. To say the least, the law was confusing, so we erred on the side of caution. It looks like we jumped the gun a little and we are truly sorry for that.
    Now that we've had time to read through the law several times and have received some answers from the NY State Police, we can fix our mistakes. Effective immediately, we've lifted our newly imposed New York restrictions on ammunition, reloading components and magazines with a capacity of 8 to 10-rounds. Now, unfortunately, we'll have to reinstate these when each portion of the law goes into effect (April 15, 2013 for magazines and January 15, 2014 for ammo). And, we'll have to reinstate these restrictions about 2-weeks prior to the effective dates to make sure Customers have these products prior to those dates (clarified by an attorney for the NY State Police).
    One last thing, if you had a backorder for these products and we cancelled it, we're in the process of contacting you to see if you want this backorder recreated.
    Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience we've caused you. Please understand, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers.
    Thanks for Your Business!
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •