Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: LOOKING for a Wasilla Gun show Report.......Hurry

  1. #1

    Default LOOKING for a Wasilla Gun show Report.......Hurry

    So was it well attended, or was everyone elsewhere ice fishing......???? How were the prices......???? Lots of PARKING available....Close....???

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    So was it well attended, or was everyone elsewhere ice fishing......???? How were the prices......???? Lots of PARKING available....Close....???
    We drove thru the parking lot around 3:30 and it was FULL!! Did not want to battle that kind of crowd inside so we came home. May try again tomorrow

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palmer, ak
    Posts
    473

    Default

    It was INSANE!! We got there at 945 and the line was about 400 yards long, all the way to the back of the parking lot. We pushed around for a bit but there were so many people we couldn't see most of the guns. The AR type guns were priced like they are on gunbroker.com, about 2-3 times the price they were last month. I saw quite a few Bushmaster for $2100-2500! Crazy. .223 ammo was going for $20 for 20. I am sure Wasilla High Hockey made a killing which is great!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.
    Posts
    8,808

    Default

    Got there late,found parking close to door, no line, BUT it was extremely crowded. Couldn't look at much unless it was over someone's shoulder.

    Crowd let up a bit, but I didn't see any bargains.

    It will probably be a little more civilized tomorrow.

    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    176

    Default

    I got there about 10:30. Had to part over at the Jr. High and walk in. Tons of people and not much worth looking at. Prices were up as expected.

  6. #6

    Default

    Did it appear that buyers were buying.........????

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.
    Posts
    8,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Did it appear that buyers were buying.........????
    I couldn't tell.

    I noticed nothing to give me an impression, one way or tother.

    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,905

    Default

    I think most went looking for deals that weren't there... Heck black follower mags 25 bucks chuck those in a trash can... Another guy had boxes of them said 50 bucks a pop no less ****.. Small rifle primers 75 bucks a 1,000... 950 for an sks ****. I didn't notice folks buying guns... Just buying odds and ends like brass and what not... If you take an AR price it right it will sell by price it right not 2100-2500

  9. #9
    Member Hayduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Meadow Lakes
    Posts
    504

    Default

    I would like to pick up an AR but I cannot justify paying 2500 for a Colt LE that somebody bought at Walmart for like 1200 a couple months ago. I am OK with a day late and dollar short but I suspect that the market will equalize soon enough. If I wasn't watching my 9 month old all weekend I wouldn't mind checking out the show just for the spectacle of it all.

  10. #10

    Default

    950 for a SKS, I had two on the table and actually sold one, a yugo for 350, and the russian got much finger fugging and telling me it was the most pristine russian they had seen, but NO BITES at 600, for
    I stop, and no, that isn't a 'spike' price, that's what top end ones go for, norinco D, that takes AK mags is one of few that may go for more than top end russians.

    was pretty well attended, missed a number of the usual vendors, the set up was kinda weird and not the easiest to get to all parts easily, didn't look at ammo, I'm fine thankyou, reloading wasn't much off what it usually is, bolts were a bit steep, but there was definatly a selection, consider that I was selling couple AR mags for $20 a pop, when the guy across the way had them for 35-55, and yet, no takers, but his were flying???

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    welfare state of Alaska
    Posts
    5,153

    Default buys also..

    There were a few good deals to be had if you looked hard enough and could get close to the tables.

    One table had primers for $28, I got a brick of Federal Match LR for $31. He had Lil'gun powder for $20, and similar prices on other powders - 5-6 bucks cheaper than the usual prices.

    I picked up a nice Weaver K4 with rings for $21, a Williams 5D receiver sight for a Rem. 700 for $5, and set of sights off a Winchester Mdl. 70 .375 H&H for $10, and an almost full box of once-fired .220 Swift brass for a $1. Also picked up a couple of Sportsman Warehouse $20 coupons.

    A few guns I were looking at were gone when I went back for a second look, so some guns were selling. Most were over-priced IMO but with two more gun shows coming up the sellers can afford to wait and drop the price later.


    Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I think most went looking for deals that weren't there... Heck black follower mags 25 bucks chuck those in a trash can... Another guy had boxes of them said 50 bucks a pop no less ****.. Small rifle primers 75 bucks a 1,000... 950 for an sks ****. I didn't notice folks buying guns... Just buying odds and ends like brass and what not... If you take an AR price it right it will sell by price it right not 2100-2500
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    There were a few good deals to be had if you looked hard enough and could get close to the tables.

    One table had primers for $28, I got a brick of Federal Match LR for $31. He had Lil'gun powder for $20, and similar prices on other powders - 5-6 bucks cheaper than the usual prices.

    I picked up a nice Weaver K4 with rings for $21, a Williams 5D receiver sight for a Rem. 700 for $5, and set of sights off a Winchester Mdl. 70 .375 H&H for $10, and an almost full box of once-fired .220 Swift brass for a $1. Also picked up a couple of Sportsman Warehouse $20 coupons.

    A few guns I were looking at were gone when I went back for a second look, so some guns were selling. Most were over-priced IMO but with two more gun shows coming up the sellers can afford to wait and drop the price later.

    Nice Report, Thank You. Sounds like you are a very knowledgeable buyer.

  13. #13
    Member AK Wonderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    717

    Default

    There's a gentleman names Jerry who has some good buys on powder, as stated $5-6 off SW prices. I bought some powder from him at the December gun show. I picked up a couple of high-capacity handgun magazines (a Beretta and a Springfield) for $20 each, which was below normal retail. My best buy might have been the bag of caramel corn my daughter and I shared, it was pretty dang tasty. Saw a couple decent buys on some bolt guns but nothing I was really looking for.

    I got the feeling that every vendor took the inflated AR pricing they've been asking for the last couple of weeks and threw an extra $300-400 on top of that just for the gun show. I'd like to know if any of the AR's were actually selling.

  14. #14
    Member blasterak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    14A
    Posts
    913

    Default

    I went there yesterday and this morning. I got there at 10am sharp on Saturday and it was a joke, couldn't even find a parking spot, parked across the street at the middle school. The worst part was trying to work your way through the crowds, packed like sardines in there. All AR, semis, or high cap related items were inflated as I expected, but I wasn't looking for anything AR related as i'm well stocked on that. Today was much, much better, probably only about 20-30% of the crowd this morning at 10am. I purposely went than because I knew a lot of people would be at church that time of the morning. I'm sure it is getting crowded now that church is out. All I bought was a bday gift for my mom and snagged the SW $20 off coupon. Was looking for a 12ga 500, 590 or 870 short barrel for the right price but no luck.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    welfare state of Alaska
    Posts
    5,153

    Default open mind...

    It appears to me that most expressing dis-appointment at gun shows are those looking for a bargain price on a specific gun, scope, etc. Their goals may be reasonable at a very large gun show in the lower 48 with lots of big dealers, but our small shows are a different matter.

    I try to look for good deals on all sorts of interesting stuff, or things I may need for future projects, trading stock etc. Gun shows are a lot more fun that way.


    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Nice Report, Thank You. Sounds like you are a very knowledgeable buyer.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

  16. #16

    Default

    6000+ through the door on Saturday. It felt like they were all in there at once.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •