Thread: Cast 44 availability

Default Cast 44 availability

Hello guys and gals,

im just getting started in reloading...

im looking for cast bullets for plinking/practice and would like to know where to pick some up locally if possible...anchorage/wasilla area.. As y'all know shipping is pricy for ordering ...

thanks

gary

Google Lee Stoner or Stoner Cast Bullets. He is in Wasilla.

Good Luck,

Matt M

I believe I seen some cast plinking type bullets in 500 boxes down at Boondocks in Eagle River the other day. Seen Great Northern Guns carries Laser Cast in 500rd boxes too, but not sure if they had 44 cal. I'v heard good things about the Stoner Bullets too, but have only found them at gun shows.

Default flat rate...

Buy locally if possible, but if you have to order, a number of suppliers like Grafs and Midway will ship flat rate USPS Priority Mail. Costs should be around $11 for 500 bullets or may $16 for 1000 or 1500.

Better yet- get some of the Lee casting equipment and cast your own. You can probably pay for the equipment in the first 500 or 1000 bullets you cast.

I've been casting bullets for around 50 years now. Gosh knows how much money I've saved.

Quote Originally Posted by bigunga1 View Post
    Hello guys and gals,

im just getting started in reloading...

im looking for cast bullets for plinking/practice and would like to know where to pick some up locally if possible...anchorage/wasilla area.. As y'all know shipping is pricy for ordering ...

thanks

gary
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

You can try the HSM brand cast bullets from Sportsmen's warehouse (maybe, the Fbx store carries them).

Those work great in my .38, but not so great in my .45. No idea hwo they will work out for you, but a box of 250 ought to be under $50.

Once you know the weight and diameter you want, I buy 255gr bullets from an outside vendor, 1800 some in a large USPS flat rate box right at 70 pounds for $16.95 shipping.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Stoner makes the best bullets in the World.

He should be at the Gun Show in Wasilla tomorry.

His phn # is 376-9488

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.