Thread: Not Impressed with Swarovski Repair time

Default Not Impressed with Swarovski Repair time

Sent in my Swarovski Binoculars to have the eye piece repaired. I had to make an online service request and they received them on 11/29/12 and didn't send them out until 1/16/2013. What they stated would be a really simple job sat there for over 6 weeks. This was past the initial return date they gave me by a couple weeks and I thought that was too long. When I spoke to them they claimed they were behind because of the holidays and snow storm and were unapologetic. Hopefully they won't get lost in shipping - I still have a caribou tag I would like to fill once I can see them again!

Much better service in the past from Leupold but it's hard to beat the Swarovski performance - Fortunately they rarely need repair.

It's the off season, not really any skin off your back.

Default Not Impressed with Swarovski Repair time

6 weeks on a repair with any company is pretty good.

Swaro or not.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

It's not surprising on the time delay, I've experienced it too. I will give them an "atta boy" though for the last transaction about four months ago. I sent back my twelve year old Swarovski tripod that had been discontinued...they sent me a new tripod without any fuss or cost to me. Luckily, I got my new product within a couple of weeks. I own a Swarovski spotting scope, range finder, and the Bino's are next on the list.

For major repairs/maintenance they have to go back to Austria. Which adds to the turn-around time.

The repair was done back east. It was a minor repair and while I was a little unhappy with the turnaround time I willl give credit for an excellent job. They repaired the eye piece and then upgraded everything that has improved since I bought them. They looked like new when I got them back.

I will admit patience has never been one of my strong points.

I will say my experience with swarovski has been above and beyond stellar.. On my first hunt of the season I had a fall in sheep country and cracked on of my tubes.. Called them up and explained the situation and told them I had another hunt in a week so they told me to overnight them,I did and had them back in 3 days and had them for my hunt... not to many companies will do that...

Same serial number?

Many years ago, I had to return a pair of SLC Hibicht binoculars because one of the tubes fogged after working some horrendous weather on the Oregon coast. Swaro repaired them free of charge and returned them with a detailed repair ticket outlining the service done. However, the serial number of the ones returned was different from the ones I sent in. They were either brand new, or completely refurbished. I suspect the repair shop sometimes keeps a rotating stock of completely refurbished units to swap out in order to expedite turn around time on repairs...

Regardless, 6 weeks doesn't seem a bad turn around time, all things considered. By my experience, Swaro's customer service is second to none.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Same serial number?

Many years ago, I had to return a pair of SLC Hibicht binoculars because one of the tubes fogged after working some horrendous weather on the Oregon coast. Swaro repaired them free of charge and returned them with a detailed repair ticket outlining the service done. However, the serial number of the ones returned was different from the ones I sent in. They were either brand new, or completely refurbished. I suspect the repair shop sometimes keeps a rotating stock of completely refurbished units to swap out in order to expedite turn around time on repairs...

Regardless, 6 weeks doesn't seem a bad turn around time, all things considered. By my experience, Swaro's customer service is second to none.
    good question now I will have to check... over the years I have had them there a few times including having all the lens replaced and have to agree....second to none...