Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Can't get the Woman to Move....

Default Just Can't get the Woman to Move....

I keep mentioning that we should be up there, but it falls on deaf ears (or a brow beating face)...hmmm....

Well, tell her you'll miss her, and that you'll write........or e-mail..........
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

easy fix bro, come visit denali national park. take her out and do things she likes to do up here... hiking wild life viewing fishing, ect. the summer sun is infectuous! Feed her some wild fresh salmon. If she is the barbie lets go to the theater type, show her the amazing native art galleries...

i do have a few friends who are retired, their home is down in the lower 48, and they spend their summer up here fishing and hunting.... the wife flies in for a week or two and leaves again

I know a few people who convinced their wifes to move up and then after 1 or 2 years the wife said I'm leaving and going back where its warm and light in the winter and you can come or stay as yuo want. Most went with the spouse. Bring her up for a visit in the summer and then in the winter, about the time of Fur Rondy and the Iditarod and it might convince her to try it up here.

Hmmmm. Women just don't understand! Is there much of a market for landscaping in AK standswitaknife?

Quote Originally Posted by jpomazi View Post
    Hmmmm. Women just don't understand!
    Sez the guy whose location is listed as "Oregon." You sure you know who's reading this stuff?

Anyway, I've got a friend whose wife absolutely hates Fairbanks winters but wants to stay here anyway because she loves the summers so much. Has your wife been up for a visit?

Quote Originally Posted by standswittaknife View Post
    I keep mentioning that we should be up there, but it falls on deaf ears (or a brow beating face)...hmmm....
    Quit living the life of a submissive Colorado metro-sexual, grow a pair, and move on up.

Ask Brad Paisley if you can adjust his song. "I'm gonna miss her, awwww lookey there, there's Alaksa."

nothing to see or do up here. Please move along...........................and tell everyone you know the same thing.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Have you considered a cattle prod?

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Have you considered a cattle prod?

.........or a carrot?

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Good Stuff so far...

Quote Originally Posted by jpomazi View Post
    Women just don't understand!
    Interesting. Tell that to the many women on these forums and the wives of men on these forums who love Alaska and get out into the woods as often as possible. My wife sure as heck understands, and she's from Southern California. Alaska isn't for everyone, no doubt about it - but I'd wager there are just as many men as women who just don't understand.

Pay her to go. Worked for me.
    Fly fishing makes me herl

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    nothing to see or do up here. Please move along...........................and tell everyone you know the same thing.
    Anchorage is the COLDEST, DARKEST city on earth. All the other Alaska settlements are the coldest and darkest of their type as well. Consider Fairbanks... the coldest, darkest Fred Meyer Parking Lot Attached to a Military Base in the world.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Clarify your reasons for wanting to move.
    Your marriage is probably more important than moving up here.
    Alaska is still big, open and beautiful, but it is no longer the "Last Frontier" that it was in decades past. It has everything other states have, and is working at getting just as populated. Stuff is more expensive here. Hunting is expensive also, unless you live in a pocket of game resources; likely you would find more species to hunt in the L48. Fishermen from the states say how much they miss their prodigious amounts of perch, walleye and bass. Duck hunters say how much they miss their vast flocks of ducks and longer season.
    Not trying to be negative, but it is no longer the sportsmans mecca it once was. Not that I would move anywhere else, but don't wreck your marriage over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Interesting. Tell that to the many women on these forums and the wives of men on these forums who love Alaska and get out into the woods as often as possible. My wife sure as heck understands, and she's from Southern California. Alaska isn't for everyone, no doubt about it - but I'd wager there are just as many men as women who just don't understand.
    Ha..!!!....it's funny you say that. I was raised in Tahoe back in the day before it became a year round resort and there were still deer walking across the road. I knew a guy there that was from So. Cal., and he could only stand Tahoe for a few years and just HAD to get back to So. Cal. Some people are just city folk and that's all they'll ever be.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Is her name standswittagun? If so change your name to standswittaverybiggun. Let her know her new name will be standsaloneinwinter.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Trade her in and get a newer model. Remember the big chief created a million woman for each of us, and she's just one.

Lighten up! I was joking. Quess it wasn't as obvious as I thought. Sorry if I hurt any of your feelings ladies. Just remembered why I don't post very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post

id just tell her im running to the store to get some ice cream, then take off and never come back. send her a letter later insulting her looks in it to top it off.
    Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast