Thread: Mike, itís not time to move on..

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Default Mike, itís not time to move on..

Looking at the Alaska Shooting section of the forum this morning I can see no less than 7 locked threads and also noted that the ď2-A discussionĒ thread has gone awayÖ seems kind of silly to me, especially given the level of anxiety many forum members are likely dealing with as we wait for President Obama to inform us of his intended actions in regards to gun control, that our forum would continue to forbid discussions relating to that right which facilitates our interest in this forum in the first place.
    Mike, members are looking for a place to discuss, console, vent, bounce ideas off one another, gauge public opinion, basically all the stuff that normally occurs in a forum environment and by locking up all of these post you are preventing that kind of open discussion and leaving forum members with no alternatives. Personally I think that is a disservice to the hundreds of loyal forum members that have faithfully supported your business.
    ďYouíve gotten soft. Youíre like one of those police dogs whoís released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.Ē Bill McNeal of News Radio

I too was surprised to see that the 2A thread was gone there were some good points and information in there, along with some of the back and forth that nearly any thread contains. I guess if it's best for the children, we just have to deal with it (yes, that's sarcasm you hear in my voice)...

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    Looking at the Alaska Shooting section of the forum this morning I can see no less than 7 locked threads and also noted that the ď2-A discussionĒ thread has gone awayÖ seems kind of silly to me, especially given the level of anxiety many forum members are likely dealing with as we wait for President Obama to inform us of his intended actions in regards to gun control, that our forum would continue to forbid discussions relating to that right which facilitates our interest in this forum in the first place.
    Mike, members are looking for a place to discuss, console, vent, bounce ideas off one another, gauge public opinion, basically all the stuff that normally occurs in a forum environment and by locking up all of these post you are preventing that kind of open discussion and leaving forum members with no alternatives. Personally I think that is a disservice to the hundreds of loyal forum members that have faithfully supported your business.
    I agree. Del

Originally Posted by junkak Did the 2A sticky get deleted?

I don't understand why the 2A thread is gone! Is there an explanation of the deletion...Moderators or Mike, would you please enlighten us?
    "Grin and Bear It"

Default Mike, itís not time to move on..

I agree, we are facing a critical time in our country and folks need a place to talk.

Lightbulb

. . members are looking for a place to discuss, console, vent, bounce ideas off one another, gauge public opinion, basically all the stuff that normally occurs in a forum environment and by locking up all of these post you are preventing that kind of open discussion and leaving forum members with no alternatives. Personally I think that is a disservice to the hundreds of loyal forum members that have faithfully supported your business.

Bingo . . well said . . +1 . . .

The problem with political/religious "discussion" is not the subject matter.

The problem is that few people can tell the difference between an idea and a person. When someone offers a negative comment on an idea they hold dear, such folks take it personally and react in kind.

Problematic discussion could be easily accommodated by strictly and ruthlessly confining the discussion to comments on ideas, not people.

Gentlemen, let's give Mike a chance to respond before we get in too big of an uproar here. I appreciate people sharing their perspectives on this. I just sent Mike an e-mail making him aware of this thread, so I'm sure he'll come in to explain when he gets a moment.

Future political, gun rights, religious freedom posts will be deleted as before...

Carry on (so to speak)-

-Mike

My guess is...that this IS the future and from now on all posts or threads of this nature will be deleted as before...if you think about it, we were lucky we were allowed to discuss these topics, 'prohibited posts & threads' for the amount of time we did.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Could this be Mike's way of telling us he supports the Presidents plan?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    I think that is a 'political' question you have there. I doubt you would get an answer to that one.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Gentlemen, let's give Mike a chance to respond before we get in too big of an uproar here. I appreciate people sharing their perspectives on this. I just sent Mike an e-mail making him aware of this thread, so I'm sure he'll come in to explain when he gets a moment.
    Thanks Brian,

I appreciate your effort and will look forward to hearing what Mike has to say.
    ďYouíve gotten soft. Youíre like one of those police dogs whoís released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.Ē Bill McNeal of News Radio

Gentlemen, it appears that this was a mistake. We don't know how this happened - honestly - but there have been times in the past where I have been deleting a post but clicked the wrong button in haste and instead deleted an entire thread. I'll take the blame for this one, as it very well may have been my action that caused the deletion. Unfortunately, it does not appear that the previous thread can be resurrected. As such, I'll start a new one in just a moment. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention this morning.

Thanks Brian, we all know how it is when the wrong button gets pushed! All that posting for naught...
    "Grin and Bear It"

Gentlemen, it appears that this was a mistake. We don't know how this happened - honestly - but there have been times in the past where I have been deleting a post but clicked the wrong button in haste and instead deleted an entire thread. I'll take the blame for this one, as it very well may have been my action that caused the deletion. Unfortunately, it does not appear that the previous thread can be resurrected. As such, I'll start a new one in just a moment. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention this morning.
    stuff happens... probably as good a time as any to start a new thread anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Nope. Wrong answer, Marten; thanks for playing anyway! (Tried to post that scene from "Dead Poet's Society", but couldn't find it.)

See the 2A thread in the stickies at the top of the page...

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

stuff happens... probably as good a time as any to start a new thread anyway.
    I agree with your OP.

This stuff happens, and someone is responsible.

I Thought things were goin along pretty good on this one.

In spite of about 4 posters who major in being perverse a lot of pertinent information was presented.

Hopfully, it's caused those of us who value our constitutional rights to become more united.

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I usually do that with my wife.....same negative result
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror