Thread: Seward Lodging

Default Seward Lodging

Hello All,

My group of six will be making a 10 day Alaskan trip at the end of July this year. We have our 3 nights in Soldotna and 4 nights in Homer all set with reservations made. We drug our feet reserving in Seward and now I'm having a hard time finding something. If anyone can recommend lodging in or around Seward for 6 adults it'd be greatly appreciated. A plan b might be to stay in Cooper's Landing and make Seward a day trip. Also any other must see/must do's on the peninsula will also be appreciated.

Tight Lines,
    Nate

mods: Sorry if this is not the appropriate forum.

Check for B&B's or rent an RV for a day or two. Lets make this fun. Why go to Seward? Do you have to vist an inmate at the prison? That was a joke

Check out Seward's Chamber of Commerce site, http://cmdev.seward.com/list/QL/where-to-stay-28.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    Check for B&B's or rent an RV for a day or two. Lets make this fun. Why go to Seward? Do you have to vist an inmate at the prison? That was a joke
    Nope only inmates in my family are locked up in Texas. That was a joke as well. We didn't making it to Seward last year so I feel like we at least owe the city a chance to impress us That being said Cooper's would be fun as well. Upper Kenai float trips etc Hopefully some silvers show up this year in resurrection bay, seemed like I heard nothing but slow reports last year.

I have used VRBO for the last 6 years or so and we have had groups of 6-8 people. You can scroll thru, view photos and also there is a complete list of what is included with each rental. You can also check on availability. Has worked great for our trips.

Check out fish whisperer lodge, I think they have three bedrooms and offer pretty affordable lodging. good luck

One issue that may be compounding your lodging issue is the closure of Seward's Air Force Rec Camp. Now you have [according to attached article] 16-20,000 personnel [including me] annually looking for alternative places to stay.
    http://www.thesewardphoenixlog.com/s...rever/613.html

Hey, Nate, I can HIGHLY recommend "B&B CHARTERS" at200 Marathon, P.O. Box 3516, Seward, AK 99664.

Don't know what their schedule is, but you'll forever be pleased if they can. One of the owners of that B&B is also a charter boat captain with a great record of service and really good fishing results.

Have a great trip!

Hi Kenner 21

Our vacation rental is setup for groups of 6 or more. Check it out on VRBO or on the web at www.thesewardhouse.net

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AKluvr95 View Post
    One issue that may be compounding your lodging issue is the closure of Seward's Air Force Rec Camp. Now you have [according to attached article] 16-20,000 personnel [including me] annually looking for alternative places to stay.
    http://www.thesewardphoenixlog.com/s...rever/613.html
    Yeah that is a bummer, my dad was stationed on Elmendorf for 5 years and if I ever got my parents back up to Alaska that is where we had planned on staying. Thank you for the info everyone I'd like to send a few pm's but do not have access yet.

there is a ARMY side still open I think

I was stationed at Elmondorf from 95-03 in AMXS.
    Enjoyed the Army camp when I had family visit and needed a larger cabin or a smaller hotel type room. For daily ops though we preferred the more laid back environment of the Air Force camp.
    I'd be suprised if there was any [peak] availability for you at the Seward Rec Camp now that it's the only military facility down there.
    (907) 224-2659 or 224-2654 or 1(800) 770-1858.
    Our reservation desk is open daily 7:00 am to 10:00 pm, Labor Day to Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner21 View Post
    Yeah that is a bummer, my dad was stationed on Elmendorf for 5 years and if I ever got my parents back up to Alaska that is where we had planned on staying. Thank you for the info everyone I'd like to send a few pm's but do not have access yet.

Just to clarify this year we won't have my parents with us so the army lodging isn't an option. We are still looking for places in Cooper Landing and Seward.

Fishwhisper is a good place but with only 3 rooms and this being late in the season you may not have any luck. Try Millers Landing. They are a rustic campground with cabins and a couple of houses to rent. An old family homestead they also offer fishing charters as well as sightseeing and kayak rentals

I don't know what your budget is, but another option is to do a multi-day charter out of Seward. CrackerJack Charters does these. I am not sure what they cost or how available they are, but I would always prefer a night in the sound on a boat instead of in a hotel.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Now that's what I'm talking about! "I would always prefer a night in the sound on a boat instead of in a hotel".

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    I don't know what your budget is, but another option is to do a multi-day charter out of Seward. CrackerJack Charters does these. I am not sure what they cost or how available they are, but I would always prefer a night in the sound on a boat instead of in a hotel.

Also take a look at the Tern Lake Inn which is right between Cooper Landing and Seward. It's in a beautiful location with great hiking and fishing nearby. We've stayed there a couple of times in the winter and really enjoyed it.

Thank you for all the recommendations. We ended up renting a house on the Kenai in Cooper landing