Thread: Electra Dyne pot puller on one of the "Wicked Tuna" boats

Default Electra Dyne pot puller on one of the "Wicked Tuna" boats

Just saw a picture of the new guys boat "Pin Wheel" on WT, he's got one of my Electra Dyne pot haulers on it !!

pinwheel electra dyne.jpg

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Just saw a picture of the new guys boat "Pin Wheel" on WT, he's got one of my Electra Dyne pot haulers on it !!

pinwheel electra dyne.jpg
    A little off topic, but since the Wicked Tuna show was brought up...did anyone watch the most recent one? Is anyone besides me wondering how in the world a boat could get their anchor line through the bow thruster like they showed when the guy had to cut their anchor line???

Yep I saw it and wondered the same thing. I could see the thruster sucking a loose loop through, but that was not the case. Unless they have some kind of tag end on their anchor/bouy rope to hook back up to after they cast off to fight a fish??? They paint that crew as the screwup-boat so they needed to invent some kind of screw-up I guess. The more I watch that show the more BS I see. Also in that episode they were fighting the same fish on two different rods - one had clear mono and the other had a very dark mono. Also the ocean went from calm as glass to choppy then back to glass in seconds. But, I'll still watch every episode! I love how the new boat hooked-up behind the scalloper like we hook yellowfin and blackfin behind shrimp boats in the Gulf of Mexico.

I saw the line through the bow thruster too. Down here we use a similar anchor system on the Columbia River hog line/ sturgeon and halibut anchor fishing. You drop your anchor and set it. We have a slide lock on that rope attached to a big scotsman buoy. At the end of that line is a shorter floating line tied to it. The knot keeps the slide lock from coming off the line. You run the floating line through a cleat at the front of the boat then the rest of the line comes back to where you are fishing. When you have a fish on and have to chase it you untie the line near you and the boat drifts away pulling the line free. I would think this could happen if they used the bow thruster but they would have to go back forward to reach the end of the line.

I did notice that some of their rods were running different colored top shot mono. We do that here in Washington Tuna fishing so in case of a tangle, you have to untangle fast or the tuna is going to break the line. Different colors make it easier to untangle.

All of these reality shows have turned into drama. I know some of the deadlist catch guys. They say its pretty boring on the boat so they have to make drama for the show.

How much weight will an Electra-Dyne pull? I saw them on a couple of them on the wicked tuna boats.

[QUOTE=Fishinnut;1234346

How much weight will an Electra-Dyne pull? I saw them on a couple of them on the wicked tuna boats.[/QUOTE]

They rate them at a very conservative 300lbs pulling aprox 200ft/min., i'm sure of the guys on here that have them will chime in and tell you what they know.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692