Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BRWNBR is done guiding....

Default BRWNBR is done guiding....

I wasn't going to bring this up until i had a new job but it is leakin' out in other forums. I'm currently on the new job search looking for a position on the slope which will allow me more time to spend hunting/fishing with my family.

Black River Hunting Camps LLC has been shut down and is no longer in business, no insurance is carried, no permits renewed, no webpage to update, flights to book. 15 years of guiding and 9 years of running my own business and its refreshing to be striding for a change of pace!
    This forum has been great for me, i've been able to share several hunts with forums members and guiding has allowed me to build experience beyond my years that I hope have been and will be a usefull tool for others that i might be able to help in the future.
    I will recieve my master guide license in a month or so and will keep in current in the event that i can't stay away.

So a heart felt thank you to everyone, some odd 200 clients that i've had the chance to hunt and fish with in alaska, been a pleasure to share parts of this great state. A couple photos from over the years that have been classics or favorites of mine.

Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Master guide 212

Master guide 212

I was wondering about this when you were posting about getting your CDL. Good luck with the new career. I look forward to seeing some hunt accounts including your family. Thank you!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

we could go on forever but the memories these pictures give me are priceless.....thanks again alaska. I'll bleed on the tunrda again, but for different reasons.
    Master guide 212

going to miss your stories of guiding. Hopefully, you'll write a few reminses every now and then.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Disabled Vet

The best to you and your family in your new adventures, it sure has been a great run and we've all been blessed to see a small part of it.

king

Good luck in the new career!!! Totally spaced calling you back...sorry about that and now I lost your number man.....looking forward to hearing stoires of you guiding the little fellas now that you are more free during hunting season. As always I enjoy your pics and look forward to future pics and stories....

Default BRWNBR is done guiding....

Congrats Jake. All the best on your next adventure.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

some odd 200 clients. Isn't that a prerequisite for hunting with you! Seriously though, I feel lucky and honored to have shared a camp with you. I have been fortunate enough to have been to Africa three times, Alaska three times as well as Canada and a few states. Disappointed I couldn't draw that Kodiak goat tag to hang out with you on another hunt. By far the most fun and entertaining guide I have ever hunted with. Taking a trophy animal is always the goal but all that aside if you are with a guide who gives it his all and is just a good guy the hunt is never a failure. I'm proud to say I was the first to give Jake a shot at proving he had a good brown bear area on Kodiak. I think he showed he was right. As far as I'm concerned it's a sad day for Alaskan guides as they just lost one of the best. Take care my friend and the best of luck on your future endeavors.

Wishing you good luck in whatever is next.

Default Not quite Yet,...

Awww Heck,...You Ain't Done Guiding,...You've got Young Kids,...

You're Guiding FOREVER,....

and yeah,... I know you know that,...
    making a Serious Priority Move,...and that's going to be Impressive, for the long run

It's probably going to be the best times, you've had yet,...
    (not necessarily easier, but at least you love the way they smell in a tent now,...right?)

and Plus, you have all that Crammed In Experience to draw from, pass on to your kids,...

Well Played, .....

Ps: pics still expected now and then
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Jake, you are truly one of the "Good Ones", a good guide, a good hunter, a good contributor, and a good guy. Hope I run into you in the woods some day.

Rick
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Jake, thanks for all the help in the past and I wish the best for you and your family in the new job. Keep in touch and toss in a photo every now and again...
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    The best to you and your family in your new adventures, it sure has been a great run and we've all been blessed to see a small part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Good luck in the new career!!!.....looking forward to hearing stoires of you guiding the little fellas now that you are more free during hunting season. As always I enjoy your pics and look forward to future pics and stories....
    Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Congrats Jake. All the best on your next adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Wishing you good luck in whatever is next.
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Awww Heck,...You Ain't Done Guiding,...You've got Young Kids,...

You're Guiding FOREVER,....

and yeah,... I know you know that,...
    making a Serious Priority Move,...and that's going to be Impressive, for the long run

It's probably going to be the best times, you've had yet,...
    (not necessarily easier, but at least you love the way they smell in a tent now,...right?)

and Plus, you have all that Crammed In Experience to draw from, pass on to your kids,...

Well Played, .....

Ps: pics still expected now and then
    Quote Originally Posted by twodux View Post
    Jake, you are truly one of the "Good Ones", a good guide, a good hunter, a good contributor, and a good guy. Hope I run into you in the woods some day.
    ^^What they said^^
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Wow... Well done, sir - both in what you've accomplished in your guiding career, and in making a move that will make other opportunities possible for you and your family. I've often thought when reading your hunt reports that I was jealous of your time afield while simultaneously feeling sorry that you didn't get more time afield with your little ones and wife. I suppose this will allow the best of both worlds, eh?

Congratulations on the career move, Jake. It would be an honor to run across you in the mountains one day and share a campfire with you and your family.

can I have your rifle....I 'll even learn to shoot right handed.. Jake in all honesty the Alaskan Guiding industry is losing one of the good ones. You exemplify what is and could be the very best in guiding. You know this buisness as well as anyone and how a few bad seeds can reflect on the rest, I wish more would follow in your foot steps and the bad ones would be a thing of the past.... The best of luck to you in your future hope we get to sit down and share some stories sometime...
    Dave

Jake- congratulations on moving forward to another chapter in your life.

Yeah- you're guiding those kids until they give you grandkids....then you get to do it some more so you aren't done guiding by any stretch.

Looking forward to some hunt reports from the family.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Jake, although we have never met thanks for all the great stories. Also for the great advice you have given to people in the past that I got to pick up on. Your reputation as a guide was outstanding. Good luck in your job search and all the hope it is successful.

Stand up guys always prevail!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast