Thread: Arctic Custom Guns??

Default Arctic Custom Guns??

Anyone here seen or talk with Bob lately? I've been trying to get a hold of him. He has had a rifle of mine for about 3 years now that I just want to go pick up. The phone number that I had for him is saying no longer in service.

He did some work on two rifles this summer for me. He did say they were planning on moving a few buildings over for more shop space. numbers I have for him are 373-4860 or 232-5447. Hope that helps.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Anyone here seen or talk with Bob lately? I've been trying to get a hold of him. He has had a rifle of mine for about 3 years now that I just want to go pick up. The phone number that I had for him is saying no longer in service.
    3 years is a LONG time, what were you having done to it?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Since it has been 3 years,, I would say NOTHING.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    It was just a SKS that wouldn't fire. Something to do with the gas system. I picked it up for $75 from some guy and sent it to ACG to get it fixed and that has yet to be the case. Hopefully he is at the gun show this weekend.

I believe Bob was slowed way down with a number of surgeries over the past three year period. He took inordinate amounts of time to do some work for me as well, but always apologized, and charged very little after the fact as a result of the time involved.

The last time I saw him, he'd moved a couple of buildings further back in where he used to be, still had a 'Gunsmith' sign up, and said he and his wife had relocated to the Glenallen area, though Bob was still working in Wasilla at that time, and heading home on the weekends.

That information, however, is -at least- several months old, so who knows?

If you can't find him near where he used to be, you might want to check the Glenallen/Hub area.