Thread: what dehydrator

Question what dehydrator

So the other thread got me interested in purchasing one of these. I know there are all makes and models of these from household to industrial use. I can't see myself using it that often, but the dried fruit, veggies, and man-made "mountain house" meals have got me intrigued! Don't want to spend a fortune either. Do these units go bad? Okay to buy one on ebay?

Thanks
    -Josh

I've Been Researching Them And Have Settled On The "EXCALLIBER" Brand They Are Made In California. Check Them Out I Think You'll Agree. I Ordered Mine Couple Days Ago , Should Be Here Soon.
    Grin:d
    EX -MICHIGANDER
    Last edited by Grin; 05-05-2007 at 20:52.

Thumbs up Excaliber

Pretty sweet looking! BUT...my pockets aren't that deep right now! TOO many things to get. After looking at them, I do recall hearing good things about them. Let us now how you make out.

For those on a tight budget, a bunch of cellulose furnace filters and a large window fan will work superb as a dehydrator. This method was featured recently on the television show 'Good Eats' on the Food Network for making jerky. Here is a transcript of the show.

also check e-bay they have some good deals on used and scratch n dent new units.