Thread: Anyone going to or AT the SHOT show?

Default Anyone going to or AT the SHOT show?

Was in Vegas Jan 1 and 2. Would have loved to be there for the shot show.
    Give us a report if you went.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I am at SHOT now. Finished setting up yesterday and the show starts in about 4 hours.

Given the current uncertainty with proposed changes to our gun laws it will be an interesting and busy show.

So how was the show, fish? What was the talk of new regs, etc.?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default Shot 2013

I just got back from the show last night. Overall I would say that it was the busiest of the six years that I have attended. Dealers were ordering lots of product in hopes of restocking their empty shelves. Many manufacturers (of black rifles) quit taking new orders and those that are still taking new orders are anywhere from 6 months to several years out. I spoke with quite a few manufacturers and all of them noted a big uptick in sales. For those not in the 'black rifle' business they were guessing that part of the increase is probably due to the lack of supply in that sector and part of it due to fear on the dealer's part that there may be some new legislation and them wanting to hedge their bets with products that would not be part of any future ban.

I went to the ATF's manufacturer rep meeting. There was basically no news there and I got the feeling that they are as much in the dark as we are as to what the future holds. While the EO's that the president layed out are not earth shattering in my opinion, I fear that he is trying to build support in congress for some new AWB. I would recommend that everyone make their voices heard on this issue....we are just at the beginning of this fight.

As far as new products go, there were a few things that were pretty exciting. I'm a sucker for high end purpose built bolt guns. HS Precision had some great ones, with the PHR in .375 H&H tempting me the most. S&W has some cool new revolvers. I always spend some time at the Benelli booth. I work for LWRC International and we introduced a new proprietary 6.8 platform. Of course I am a bit jaded but I think that you will start to see it get a lot of press in the near future. I'll say more about that in the 6.8 thread.

A thread with more firsthand info...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...84#post2015084
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again