Thread: Warn 2500 ??

Default Warn 2500 ??

Thinking of buying a Warn for my 2003 Foreman 450 ES. Do I want steel cable or the new synthetic rope? And why? Thanks

The rope is great. I changed out both my Warns at the beginning of last year. It's soft and plyable. No memory and I haven't broke it a single time. E-Bay was where I got mine. I actually have an extra hundred feet stored in the box just in case.

After you try the new rope one time you will hate the steel cable. But carry your old cable with you as it gives you another 50 feet to anchor to far away places.
    Like fishin said, buy the new stuff on Fleabay
    Tennessee

Default Amsteel Blue

As for the why… it will not act like a steel “rubber” band if it breaks, does not conduct heat, greater strength in the same diameter, and much lighter than steel rope.

You will need to change your fairlead to an Aluminum Hawse (no rollers), and a large Aluminum hook.
    My personal favorite is Amsteel.

this link will answer some of your questions

http://www.google.com/search?q=Amste...&start=10&sa=N
    Last edited by akula682; 05-05-2007 at 12:27. Reason: link insert

Thanks guys going for the rope.

I was in B&J's yesterday and the have Amsteel in bulk, so you can get what you need instead of a precut length. Not bad pricing either.

Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    As for the why… it will not act like a steel “rubber” band if it breaks, does not conduct heat, greater strength in the same diameter, and much lighter than steel rope.

You will need to change your fairlead to an Aluminum Hawse (no rollers), and a large Aluminum hook.
    My personal favorite is Amsteel.

this link will answer some of your questions

http://www.google.com/search?q=Amste...&start=10&sa=N

Even though I have a Aluminum fairlead on my Warn 3000 I am not sure they are required.
    I just purchased one of those new Warn XT 2.5's and they come with the syn rope and the older style roller fairlead.
    For those of you who are interested, Warn has also just released a remote control switch that it not hard wired to your ATV. Could be handy to have.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Even though I have a Aluminum fairlead on my Warn 3000 I am not sure they are required.
    I just purchased one of those new Warn XT 2.5's and they come with the syn rope and the older style roller fairlead.
    For those of you who are interested, Warn has also just released a remote control switch that it not hard wired to your ATV. Could be handy to have.

Good news on the remote.

The problem with the roller fairleads is that the Syn rope will wedge its self into the corners and start tearing its self apart.

Default Remote Switch

Looking at possibly getting a new switch for my warn winch. The winch is fine but was able to trace the problem down to the switch. Looking at the remote switches and kind of like the idea of a remote one. I am probably going ot get a wired one, but I was the wireless ones. Looks neat, but I can't imagine they woudl be much good for creek crossings, mud, rocks, dirt, brush, etc. that we have here in Alaska. What do you guys think???

I really like the idea of remote switches… on larger trucks you can be sure that you are out of the danger area… but on a 4 wheeler I think it’s really just a gimmick. I mean really… what are the chances of snapping a wire or Synth rope on an ATV? I know the chance is there but…

I’m not saying that I would not get one if my current switch were to give out… which it did this past winter, I had to rebuild it, so I might be getting one sooner that I think.

Default Here's a wireless switch and a wired one a may get