Thread: Hunting Reg

Default Hunting Reg

Looking over the hunting regs and I can’t seem to find an explanation for this…

“Hides must be sealed within 30 days of kill” what does the “hides must be sealed” mean?

Default Sealed

You must take the hide to F&G, a Trooper or representative of the state to have them attach a tag and record various information. Usually a painless process.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Hides from certain have to be taken to ADFG or a sealing agent, they will put a locking tag on the hide. In some species and GMU the skull most go in also to be sealed (usually bear & wolf). They usually measure the skull, pull a tooth, record the sex,and sometimes collect other biological data.

Thanks guys, I will be up in June for an interview (no time to hunt), and hope to be at the State Trooper Academy this August, (provided they don’t think I’m too crazy during the interview or anything).

I'm sure they'll take you, we need troopers BAD good luck
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I am in the process of “cleaning out my closet” (in anticipation of being selected) selling what can be sold and trashing/giving away what is no good/not useful anymore. I’m also thinking of selling my 98 Hummer. I don’t really want to sell it but I really don’t want a maintaince heavy truck anymore.

Thanks again.

You might do better selling the hummer up here, at least compare blue book values by zip code and try and see what they sell for up here. Often times used vehicles go for quite a bit more up here.

As far as low maintenance trucks, tough to beat Toyota.