Thread: Tomorrow is the Day!!!

Default Tomorrow is the Day!!!

Thanks so much for all your help everyone! I really appreciate all the tips and advice you've given me. Tomorrow is the day I take off! I am super excited! Soon I will be up there to see you all in person (well.. not the crazy ones!). See you all soon. I'll try to post on my blog when I can.

Remember, all Wal-Marts have the same people shopping in them no matter where you go... if you get homesick, just walk into Wal-Mart and you'll feel like you are back in the lower 48.
    Fly fishing makes me herl

AniWahaya

Be safe MG and enjoy the trip!

Drive safe MG,
    keep a camera handy
    We're all going to be looking for your posts.

Relax out there MG,....you're gonna have a blast
    shouldn't be near as risky as it seems looking on a map

and load up that blog with photos,...that's what we're lookin for,...
    oh,... and of course, your "Amazement Commentary"

on a side note: There are quite a few Starbucks throughout Canada,...for free and fast Wifi
    just mentioned as I've had trouble finding the same elsewhere, even a lot of hotel/motels up north
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Thanks so much for all your help everyone! I really appreciate all the tips and advice you've given me. Tomorrow is the day I take off! I am super excited! Soon I will be up there to see you all in person (well.. not the crazy ones!). See you all soon. I'll try to post on my blog when I can.
    You might not meet any of us then, we're all crazy.

TAKE YOUR TIME and enjoy the drive.
    Take lots-O-pictures.
    Swimsuits are optional.
    Don't let your motor freeze.
    Have fun.

Oh, the crazies are watching.

You go girl! Here's hoping you have a safe uneventful, but memorable journey.
    Steve
    Tomorrow's a mystery, yesterday's history, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present!
    Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)

Quote Originally Posted by etdvm View Post
    Remember, all Wal-Marts have the same people shopping in them no matter where you go... if you get homesick, just walk into Wal-Mart and you'll feel like you are back in the lower 48.
    Umm I dunno about that. Hartford, CT has a special kinda Wal-Mart with police and security guards. It can get quite violent there. I would rather be in a place that doesn't have people like my Wal-Mart. Cute quote though!

Have fun...its going to be an ADVENTURE like no other.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Thanks for the replies! See ya soon!

You can do it lady! We left a week ago today and here we set in wasilla. We just finished looking at all the beautiful pictures we took along the way.
    Your going to see some amazing places along the way!

Quote Originally Posted by fishcatcher541 View Post
    You can do it lady! We left a week ago today and here we set in wasilla. We just finished looking at all the beautiful pictures we took along the way.
    Your going to see some amazing places along the way!
    Thanks! I appreciated the call and warnings about different things. Sorry I had to cut you short. My friend was delivering my backpacking pot and dish set for my drive up (since I packed mine in one of my 79 boxes). I really appreciate the help you've offered! Looking forward to meeting you guys soon! Heidy-ho neighbor!

No problem what so ever. Safe travels my friendImageUploadedByTapatalk1358227915.557248.jpg

Have fun and be safe. Be sure to fill up with fuel as often as possible and bring extra fuel as a precaution. Your cell won't work in most of Canada, so be sure to contact your carrier before you leave the US and try and buy extra coverage. If you can't, I would recommend a SAT phone if possible. I spent two months in Canada exploring and there were several days that I wish I had coverage. Other than that...bring extra food, water, and a nice sleeping bag. If your using a debit or credit card, make sure you let them know your traveling through Canada or after about day two you'll find they won't work. You'll love the trip!
    Robert