Thread: Cyberspace Bush Pilot

Default Cyberspace Bush Pilot

Greetings,

I'm envious of the world you live and work in. I'm landlocked in Orlando, FL working for a ravenous rodent and wishing I had chosen a better career path more able to satisfy my dream.

I'd have to probably win the lottery to do it though. I have a dream to one day own an amphibian in Alaska and fly the Fjords of Southeast AK.

For now, I can only do this using a flight simulator and computer flight yoke attached to my desk. My appreciation for what the real world pilot does is growing everytime I load up Microsoft Flight Simulator and download the real weather I'm about to take off into.

I have the ability to hit "CTRL, ALT, DEL" when that imposing mountainside or treetop is closing in on my nose. You don't. You are an amazing lot and I aspire to be that good someday.

For now, I can practice navigation in the fjords and learn the lay of the land. It's not the real world, but for now, it'll have to do. I have 28 hours of realworld in a C152 but that was in '98 and I've yet to continue my Private Pilot training due to $$$ and time constraints.

Thanks for reading and I have so many questions to ask, I hope you don't mind that I pick the experts brains a little.

I hope you don't mind a computer bush pilot that want's to learn from the ones that really do it.

Fair winds and following seas,

Brad

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by ba43 View Post
    Greetings,

I'm envious of the world you live and work in. I'm landlocked in Orlando, FL working for a ravenous rodent and wishing I had chosen a better career path more able to satisfy my dream.

I'd have to probably win the lottery to do it though. I have a dream to one day own an amphibian in Alaska and fly the Fjords of Southeast AK.

For now, I can only do this using a flight simulator and computer flight yoke attached to my desk. My appreciation for what the real world pilot does is growing everytime I load up Microsoft Flight Simulator and download the real weather I'm about to take off into.

I have the ability to hit "CTRL, ALT, DEL" when that imposing mountainside or treetop is closing in on my nose. You don't. You are an amazing lot and I aspire to be that good someday.

For now, I can practice navigation in the fjords and learn the lay of the land. It's not the real world, but for now, it'll have to do. I have 28 hours of realworld in a C152 but that was in '98 and I've yet to continue my Private Pilot training due to $$$ and time constraints.

Thanks for reading and I have so many questions to ask, I hope you don't mind that I pick the experts brains a little.

I hope you don't mind a computer bush pilot that want's to learn from the ones that really do it.

Fair winds and following seas,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Yep ------------- you can't even imagine what you're missing! Every day is different, and the world of Alaska is HUGE !!!

The guys that you'll meet on this page are a great lot, by and large. I'm sure you'll get lots of answers to all your questions from them.

Good luck,

Mort

Mort,

Will do. And thank you for your assistance.

Brad

It sounds like your in the same rut that I was in before I moved to Alaska. If you ever get up this direction look me up and maybe my boss will let you tag along for a day to see if that is really what you want to do.

Wow, that would be great!

My wife and I are planning a vacation that cruises along the inside passage and I know that there are tours that stop in Ketchikan and that area.

I'll might have to take you up on that.

Thanks, we'll see what happens.

Brad