Thread: Elimination of all self protectrion and shooting sports

Default Elimination of all self protectrion and shooting sports

Without getting into the Second Amendment discussion, does anyone see the ultimate objectives of any of the anti-gun groups and politicians as the complete elimination all private gun ownership as we now know and enjoy?

While they all talk about "reasonable gun control measures" it would appear that their definition of "reasonable" would prohibit keeping unlocked guns at home for self defense, concealed carry, ownership of military style weapons altogether etc.

The question I would love to see the anti-gun groups and politicians answer is: "At what point would you see as your work being done?". So far I haven't heard the question asked or answered.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default Elimination of all self protectrion and shooting sports

Thirty or so years ago the Brady campaign made it pretty clear. No guns in private hands.

In the Heller vs DC decision Scailia made it clear. Registration, background checks, etc are all "reasonable" and will not interfere with the 2nd.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    Without getting into the Second Amendment discussion, does anyone see the ultimate objectives of any of the anti-gun groups and politicians as the complete elimination all private gun ownership as we now know and enjoy?

While they all talk about "reasonable gun control measures" it would appear that their definition of "reasonable" would prohibit keeping unlocked guns at home for self defense, concealed carry, ownership of military style weapons altogether etc.

The question I would love to see the anti-gun groups and politicians answer is: "At what point would you see as your work being done?". So far I haven't heard the question asked or answered.
    They will Never Answer a Question like that.

"They" will pick the questions. And, the terms of the debate.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Gentlemen, per the request that Michael Strahan posted recently, we're asking that all gun control topics be posted on the thread dedicated to that purpose. Thank you.