Thread: Predator hunters wanted from Anchorage

Default Predator hunters wanted from Anchorage

Hey guys I just moved up here from Kansas and I am really wanting to start hunting wolves. If there is anyone that is interested to hunt weekends (can't during weekdays because of work) please let me know! Thanks!

Except for a very few highly skilled and knowledgable hunters, wolves are more of a target of opportunity when out predator hunting. Most predator hunters target coyotes, fox, and lynx with the off chance of being in the right place at the right time to take a wolf. For those who really want to target wolves, trapping/snaring is a far more realistic bet. The same is true of wolverine, but even more so.

Well I guess just predator hunting in general then, I am itching to get back out in the woods but I can't go alone having not hunted here before.

Quote Originally Posted by robbyd View Post

I can't go alone having not hunted here before.

I am NOT attempting to be the least dissrespectfull..........but please elaborate on this.

Perhaps he means he'd rather not go alone as a matter of respect for the new environment and an intense interest in self preservation?

I am new to the area, so for safety purposes if something happens.

I understand, but if you take the same precautions you have before and apply common sense to your outings, pretty sure you will do ok. if everyone waited to go with someone, there would be allot of lonely hunters and outdoor guys sitting around the house. Keep your first few outings reasonable, apply some common sense, let someone know where you are going and what time you are suspected to return and hit the woods.

Good luck and welcome to AK!
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.