Thread: Bear Baiting Kicks off way Early!

Default Bear Baiting Kicks off way Early!

Checked the bait today and went to add more goodies and build a stand for my boy to shoot out of, and its already been hit. This is the earliest I have ever had a bear on an interior bear bait and I am baiting way north of Fbks. Its gonna be an interesting season!

Alright! We'll be waiting to hear the story and see the pics of your boys first bear!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    Checked the bait today and went to add more goodies and build a stand for my boy to shoot out of, and its already been hit. This is the earliest I have ever had a bear on an interior bear bait and I am baiting way north of Fbks. Its gonna be an interesting season!
    Just don't let your partner eat all your bait this year.

Default You should seen him!

Quote Originally Posted by MCAT View Post
    Just don't let your partner eat all your bait this year.

He was attaching a second barrel via a cable so we could fill it with additional food since we arent going to be checking it for a couple weeks and he kept glancing over at the choclate covered barrel full of cinnamon rolls and cinnamon toast crunch, maple syrup and honey, I'll let you guess what ended up happening. You gotta love Tons!

I got out yesterday to check my stations in 20A, and both had been hit! I usually don't even get bait out untill may 8th, but this year i got out on my snowmachine because of a colder than normal March. About 30 pounds of food had been eaten out of both barrels, but I couldn't see tracks to tell the size of the bears. They did get into one of my stands though, and my bait station permit was missing under suspicious circumstances(it was later found 100 yards from the stand). I think it's going to be a great year.

-Eric

Yeah its gonna be an early killin year! Like I said in an earlier post, I expect to see pics on this forum by the 15th of May, the woods is showing me that we are about 2 weeks ahead of schedule as far as spring goes. A buddy of mine spotted a dandy black from the air in 20A this weekend, they circled to get a good look at him, and said he was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    Yeah its gonna be an early killin year! Like I said in an earlier post, I expect to see pics on this forum by the 15th of May, the woods is showing me that we are about 2 weeks ahead of schedule as far as spring goes. A buddy of mine spotted a dandy black from the air in 20A this weekend, they circled to get a good look at him, and said he was impressive.
    I'm hoping he was at my station.

-Eric

Default licorice

I bait south of the tannana. I got hit last saturday. I had a small bear come in and eat about 40 sticks of red licorice. I have a lot of sweets out along with popcorn and syrup. The bear touched nothing but the red licorice. Weird. Last year it was skittles.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com