Thread: "Friend" . . ?

Default "Friend" . . ?

What does it mean to "Friend" someone or to be solicited here as a "Friend"?

I haven't a clue. Don't do Facebook either.

Can someone explain . . ?

I just sent you a friend request. It's simple, you click "add contacts" after clicking on someone's forum name. You then elect to send a friend request when opted to do so.

Default Thank you . . .

Done, mainer . . thank you.

But what does it mean practically, or what is the purpose of such "friending"?

There may be other "benefits" to it, but what I can see on the surface is that if you go to your profile (just clicking on your screenname), it will display the recent posts of those people on your "friends" list. If you don't want to sift through all the other anonymous posts and might just be interested in what your "friends" might be talking about, you can use this as a shortcut to their recent posts rather than having to seach for each one individually or skimming through the hundreds/thousands of other posts.

Thank you . . makes sense . .

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Done, mainer . . thank you.

But what does it mean practically, or what is the purpose of such "friending"?

It means that you're worthy of friendship and I can now razz you a bit. For example: Sometimes you have the jawbone of an ass, and through that jawbone has oftentimes released a looseness of words, very familiar to the substance released from the bowels." But your very objective too, with great potential to see through partisan silly business, and think for yourself. Have an awesome new year friend, hope you're skin is thick!

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    It means that you're worthy of friendship and I can now razz you a bit. For example: Sometimes you have the jawbone of an ass, and through that jawbone has oftentimes released a looseness of words, very familiar to the substance released from the bowels." But your very objective too, with great potential to see through partisan silly business, and think for yourself. Have an awesome new year friend, hope you're skin is thick!

Nice to know, mainer, and the feeling is reciprocated though we don't always agree.

And disagree we must. I never exhibit the jawbone of an ass, and my words are always tightly packed and firm with substance. Unless, of course, you can document and reference anything contrary.

Attachment 67212

A thick skin? Maybe. Dunno. I suspect though that with age my skin is getting thinner. As Franklin said, "He who wastes his own time is a fool; he who wastes mine is a thief." My time becomes more valuable with each passing year.

Razz away,
    John

Default permit check

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I just sent you a friend request. It's simple, you click ...
    Mainer, I sure hope your first remembered to renew your trapping permit for 2013. What is the bag/possession limit for this species, anyway?