Thread: Kotz air service

Default Kotz air service

For those of you that might be looking for a air charter service out of OTZ I have a recommendation. Eric Sieh is starting his own single pilot part 135 operation. Eric has been flying year round out of otz since the early 90's. And I would bet that he knows the area better than anyone. He knows the gravel bars and hill tops and how those coincide with the animals of the area. He will be sharing hanger space with and working in conjunction with the guys at Golden Eagle Outfitters. Sounds like a great team.
    Arctic Backcounrty Flying Service.
    907-995-2252
    backcounrty@otz.net

Im aquainted with Eric , a felow persure'r of Wolves, and he's well known as a competent pilot, and hunter, so hes not only great with the flying, but he's in tune with what your after, something lacking in the go for broke transporters.
    I remeber him moveing here loooooooooooooooooooooooong ago, so hes not a 'fly in', but a married in and stay till he dies, overqualifyed 'Local'

He almost bought out an existing business a few years back, but the guy selling the business changed his mine, and no Fault of Erics, so Im really happy to see he's doing his own thing, and Im sure hell succeed, as his reputation as a pilot here in the Arctic places him above most all pilots up this way.

This is Good.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Good indeed. Eric is the man. Wife and I had him fly us to the Kugururok in 2006 and the Wulik in 2008. Great pilot and I am glad to hear he is back to transporting. We used Buck Maxson in 2004 on the Kelly, saw him and had some coffee on the Wulik as he dropped off some hunters for a few hours of fishing, laughing, told me he was now a "fishing guide". Fully, partially, retired, for a few years. He may be back home in PA now, not sure, but has been in the process of retiring for years. Ha ha.. Jim Rood and Jared are the only two I would use out of Kotz. Having never used them, but knowing good things of them, they were good choices, only choices out of Kotz. Now that Eric is up there, I will certainly be using him as he did a great job on two previous float trip transports for us. Great news! I see a NW float trip in the making for Sept.

Link to Eric's website..

http://arcticbackcountry.com/Home_Page.html

-Dan

Most highly rated pilot I now know of
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Before Eric left to fly for the feds i used him for most of my hunting and fishing clients and he did a wonderful job. With Speezac going to the big house this will be a wonderful addition. Plus he charges by the hour and this allows you to control your cost.

Thumbs up!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
    Unit 23
    Drop camps & Float hunts

I had the pleasure of dealing with Eric this past fall, and have nothing but great thing to say about him! His skill as a pilot is well known, and second to none, but the extra effort and consideration he showed us in a very difficult situation speaks volumes about his character! You would be hard pressed to find a more likeable, hard working and competant pilot in the Artic! I would encourage anyone considering booking out of Kotz, to make Eric and Golden Eagle your first chioce air charter!

Who's doing his maintenance?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Who's doing his maintenance?
    I would guess Pauly.

Hopefully Pauly, then your safety is assured!

I'll ask 'em in a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Hopefully Pauly, then your safety is assured!

I'll ask 'em in a day or two.
    Not to sidetrack, but how's Pauly doing these days?

Besides his skill as a pilot, Eric is one of the finest men I've met.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Saw him at the Hospital this Fall, the wife and oldest daughter visited him, I was busy getting glass out of my arm, they said he was happy to be alive , his bro too.

Hopefully hes still the smart, levelheaded happyguy I know .....