Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folks its time to belly up to the bar!

Default Folks its time to belly up to the bar!

Most people on this forum note that I am a bit of a lurker who has an interest in Sheep and Goat hunting. However,
    I also work seasonally at a local sporting goods store that is a part of a national chain. It got its freight today and sold 60,000 rounds of 233 ammo in less than an hour. Frenzy you think.....

The corporation had a meeting today with Eric Holder who is the attorney general and Bammie's right hand man. One hour after the meeting it was announced that our store was going to end its employee discount program only on guns, ammo, magazines and components. It was also instituting a limit on ammo and different reloading components. They also did away with employee firearm layaways. This is at a time when our stores are doing record business. They still have not increased prices.

What does this mean> get your primers and components while they are not taxed. Something heavy is coming down. Should this go to global discussion. Maybe. But I am putting it here because you folks who really shoot and reload should know that its time.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

Thanks for the heads up Thomas. These are scary times. I saw this posting today on Alaska's List. It was a pleasure to read and inspirational:

http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_Gen...Vigilance.html

Dave

as truthful and eloquent a "speech" as I have ever read .... in my life ! Thank you for taking the time to clearly remind us all !!

George Price

I heard a little news on the radio yesterday and E. Holder was speaking, he said kids should be taught that guns are not a good thing....
    Pretty sad to say such stuff.....

Thanks kakobuk68, good info.
    Great letter standdup, pretty much to the point for sure...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

So did employees get first crack at the ammo?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by standdup View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Thomas. These are scary times. I saw this posting today on Alaska's List. It was a pleasure to read and inspirational:

Dave
    Great article but it misses one point. All of our lines in the sand have already been crossed and we haven't done anything. Read these and then watch the last:
    http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2012...them-over.html
    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/newsa...&articleid=327
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUQfa...&feature=share
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by standdup View Post

Dave
    Thanks for the link, that's good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RainGull View Post
    Great article but it misses one point. All of our lines in the sand have already been crossed and we haven't done anything. Read these and then watch the last:
    http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2012...them-over.html
    The public will be outraged as the government divides and conquer us ... as we fend them off with airsoft and pistols with orange plastic tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    The public will be outraged as the government divides and conquer us ... as we fend them off with airsoft and pistols with orange plastic tips.
    The public is already outraged. We are already divided, but it was not the government that did the dividing. So long as people fail to understand that, we will remain divided.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Default Folks its time to belly up to the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    The public is already outraged. We are already divided, but it was not the government that did the dividing. So long as people fail to understand that, we will remain divided.
    Who did the dividing? Who has been pushing the class warfare?

What happened to your "we are the government" thinking.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Yes, there is direct link between the people and the government. There are people on both sides that don't care for the other sides view (for an array of reasons). 100% of the people could understand it was not the government that did the dividing (as they are entitled to their own opinion), yet we would remain divided. It's a popularity contest of sorts...

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    What happened to your "we are the government" thinking.
    My thinking hasn't changed, Andy. I believe we have a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. And I think the current political climate reflects the opinion of the majority of the citizenry. I do not believe the rantings of guys like this http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...-psycho-rant-2 reflect the opinion of the majority of the citizens, including the majority of gun owners. Unfortunately, the attitude of guys like this get lots of play, and is erroneously viewed by non-gun owners as representing the ideology of the majority of gun owners. Guys like this do not represent my views as a gun owner, and I will not claim to stand united with the likes of him as a means of defending my Second Amendment rights. It's not the government doing the dividing. It's crazy people proposing to speak for me as a gun owner who are being divisive.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

My thinking hasn't changed, Andy. I believe we have a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. And I think the current political climate reflects the opinion of the majority of the citizenry. I do not believe the rantings of guys like this http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...-psycho-rant-2 reflect the opinion of the majority of the citizens, including the majority of gun owners. Unfortunately, the attitude of guys like this get lots of play, and is erroneously viewed by non-gun owners as representing the ideology of the majority of gun owners. Guys like this do not represent my views as a gun owner, and I will not claim to stand united with the likes of him as a means of defending my Second Amendment rights. It's not the government doing the dividing. It's crazy people proposing to speak for me as a gun owner who are being divisive.
    The real question is when you will stand united for your 2nd Amendment rights.He does sound like a crazy, but in my mind no worse than you. You seem to be willing and even enthusiastic about giving up what I believe my rights are. So were is your line in the sand? When do you stand up, at the single shot, the flintlock,Bow-n-Arrow, Knife, Rocks or just before they turn the gas on?
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by fnsakdel View Post
    The real question is when you will stand united for your 2nd Amendment rights.He does sound like a crazy, but in my mind no worse than you. You seem to be willing and even enthusiastic about giving up what I believe my rights are. So were is your line in the sand? When do you stand up, at the single shot, the flintlock,Bow-n-Arrow, Knife, Rocks or just before they turn the gas on?
    Del
    You're entitled to your opinion and your apparent fear of impending doom. I'm sure you're disappointed that I don't share your view. Best luck.
    #Resist

Here in Connecticut (for 5 more days!!!) there was a shipment to a local gun store that came in today.. There was a lottery for who (that qualified) could purchace the guns and there was police stationed (at least 5 cruisers) all around to control the mob of people. It was crazy!

You're entitled to your opinion and your apparent fear of impending doom. I'm sure you're disappointed that I don't share your view. Best luck.
    Why don't some of the people that like to stir the pot just answer the questions put to them? Is it that they "can't handle the truth"? Or is it that they just get their rocks off stirring the pot and don't have an answer?
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Yes I am entitled to my opinion and NO I neither fear nor look forward to impending doom because I am prepared for it (as much as any one can). But I also do not bury my head in the sand and believe that it is not possible, or that the government is going to come to the rescue if when it does happen. If you have such faith and trust in your government good for you I Dont. Disappointed that you don't share my view HA HA HA HA Trust me I have seen enought of your post to know I do not agree or care. Del

Refusing to actually draw a line and sticking to it goes both ways. I have yet to see anyone (save those we remember as wackos) do so.
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RainGull View Post
    Refusing to actually draw a line and sticking to it goes both ways. I have yet to see anyone (save those we remember as wackos) do so.
    I guess I dont see them as WACKOS

The signers of the Declaration of Independence belonged to different professions and trades. Some of them were lawyers and jurors, while others were merchants, farmers and plantation owners. All of them were highly educated individuals.

Signatories
    Lifetime
    Connecticut
    Roger Sherman 1721-1793
    Samuel Huntington 1731-1796
    William Williams 1731-1811
    Oliver Wolcott 1726-1797
    Delaware
    Caesar Rodney 1728-1784
    George Read 1733-1798
    Thomas McKean 1734-1817
    Georgia
    Button Gwinnett 1735-1777
    Lyman Hall 1724-1790
    George Walton 1741-1804
    Maryland
    Samuel Chase 1741-1811
    William Paca 1740-1799
    Thomas Stone 1743-1787
    Charles Carroll 1737-1832
    Massachusetts
    John Hancock 1737-1793
    Samuel Adams 1722-1803
    John Adams 1735-1826
    Robert Treat Paine 1731-1814
    Elbridge Gerry 1744-1814
    New Hampshire
    Josiah Bartlett 1729-1795
    William Whipple 1730-1785
    Matthew Thornton 1714-1803
    New Jersey
    Richard Stockton 1730-1781
    John Witherspoon 1723-1794
    Francis Hopkinson 1737-1791
    John Hart 1711-1779
    Abraham Clark 1725-1794
    New York
    William Floyd 1734-1821
    Philip Livingston 1716-1778
    Francis Lewis 1713-1802
    Lewis Morris 1726-1798
    North Carolina
    William Hooper 1742-1790
    Joseph Hewes 1730-1779
    John Penn 1741-1788
    Pennsylvania
    Robert Morris 1734-1806
    Benjamin Rush 1745-1813
    Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790
    John Morton 1724-1777
    George Clymer 1739-1813
    James Smith 1719-1806
    George Taylor 1716-1781
    James Wilson 1742-1798
    George Ross 1730-1779
    Rhode Island
    Stephen Hopkins 1707-1785
    William Ellery 1727-1820
    South Carolina
    Edward Rutledge 1749-1800
    Thomas Heyward, Jr. 1746-1809
    Thomas Lynch, Jr. 1749-1779
    Arthur Middleton 1742-1787
    Virginia
    George Wythe 1726-1806
    Richard Henry Lee 1732-1794
    Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826
    Benjamin Harrison 1726-1791
    Thomas Nelson, Jr. 1738-1789
    Francis Lightfoot Lee 1734-1797
    Carter Braxton 1736-1797

Independence comes at a price, it is always said. Not all was hunky dory after the Declaration of Independence was signed. A little-known fact is that in spite of it being accepted by the Congress without any major changes, several of the signers were tortured, burned to death, and lost family and property after they went through with signing of the Declaration. These well-educated men knew what they would have to give up for the sake of freedom of the country, and yet went through with the process in larger interests. Such individuals should be respected, revered, and thanked for their sacrifice. It is only because of them that liberty and freedom are now enjoyed by the people of the United States of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast