Thread: Picatinny Rail Extension??

Default Picatinny Rail Extension??

I'm looking to get quicker target acquisition with my AR-15. Right now when I get in the gun, I have to slide my cheek back about an inch in order not have "tunnel vision" in the scope.
    I have my scope as far forward on my AR as the Picatinny rail will let me, but I still need it to go just a little bit further. I have my scope mounts as far back on the scope as possible as well.
    Do you guys know the best place in town to find a rail extension?
    I tried Sportmans but didn't have any luck.

Thanks for any help.

What kind and power scope are you using ? What ranges are you desireing to shoot ?
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

4-12x 100-300 yards .223

Look at Larue Tactical's series of scope mounts.

A 4x12 won't give you rapid target aquisition, it will however give you a decent view at 300 yds. If you mount your scope too far forward it will cause the tunnel vision effect. The scope objective lens (nearest the eye) needs to be 2-4 inches from the natural eye position when the head is mounted on the rifle comb. Too far either way will cause a tunnel effect; IF you desire to have a "scout type" scope on the rifle you will need a LER or EER scope for that purpose.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

What scope mount are you using? If you're using std rings then that is likely your problem, you need an AR mount that will allow you to mount the scope far enough forward.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.