Thread: special request

Default special request

so My wife just laid one on me and may need some help.. I live in Wasilla and found out there is a scout troop in need of a couple things like archery badge or something and gun safety.. Dont have all the details yet as I have to go talk to the troop leader. My issue is I really suck at trying to give lectures and things like that. I have experience in the areas but could really use the help.. This is not something I have ever really done but its for the kids so with the right kind of help I may try to help. If anyone has some experience with this and willing to help out please pm me.. It doesnt sound like a lot of time to commit either but could be quite the chance to help out some young boys..
    Dave

Would love to, still trying to figure out how to PM...
    the troop leader should have a Scout manual that covers it, if not, golden 4, Eddie Eagle, and gun proofing from CorneredCat.com

Default special request

Bear with all the help and info you've thrown my way I would have also thought you were the man for the job. Good luck!!

I have done gun safety presentations to a couple of scout troops in the past. Showed different types of weapons and how to insure they were empty and safe. No live ammunitioin of course.

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I have worked with a scout group in the valley the last couple of years. We've even done some shooting but we had to get an nra certified guy there to shoot. Shoot me a pm if you need a hand.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

did u get my reply about willing to teach your kids rifle safety and shooting. I teach in a JROTC here in Anch and would love to do this as a community service project!

Got the pm's an I will get back to all here as soon as I get the rest of the details.. You all are proof of the what is good in this forum and I thankyou all for the responses...
    Dave

How many kids? Are you interested in doing a full fledged hunter safety class? I can provide the class and the range if you are interested. We can combine both the Scout badge with the hunter safety class as well as archery if we need to.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default special request

Good on you Doug. Don't see too many folks giving back in such a manner.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Lots of folks throwin' down to help out in this thread. Turns out that Bear and I might know each other from years back.

Doug your pm box is full . and yes that is me with the Mathews...Lol . funny how many remember me because of that bow
    Dave

Sorry man. Box is now empty.

I have been certified to teach Archery and could come help out. I am on the peninsula and could not do it on a regular basis but I am sure we could work somthing out.