Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now THIS.......

Default Now THIS.......

.....is how you pack out a ram...!!!

http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/sto...8tnhka8glt2jf6
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

and he didn't even gut it...wanted the intestines for home-made sausages and kielbasa

ha thats awesome, i bet if we didn't carry all the extra gadgets and gear in our backpacks and just had a board, we'd have room for the guts and blood too!! i've taken ewe sheep out whole, and deer but never a ram....gotta put that on my list now. thats a neat picture!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I was always told a hungry hunter, hunts harder and doesn't need a lot of gear. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    ha thats awesome, i bet if we didn't carry all the extra gadgets and gear in our backpacks and just had a board, we'd have room for the guts and blood too!! i've taken ewe sheep out whole, and deer but never a ram....gotta put that on my list now. thats a neat picture!
    That would be a feat in itself... We did a few caribou back in the day since we were only a half mile from the boat and in a hurry.. two guys per boo cut them in half and a few straps little dragging little carring.....NO FUN... could not imagine packing out a sheep like that...

Looks like a half a sheep to me, but still impressive.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

You do notice that he is resting. Nice camo too.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

twodux is right i think now that i look again, it does look like half a sheep, if it was whole to balance the load you couldn't have the head in the middle...
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    twodux is right i think now that i look again, it does look like half a sheep, if it was whole to balance the load you couldn't have the head in the middle...
    yeah but I still wanna see you do a whole one..

lol ME TOO!!
    Master guide 212

That's awesome.....Jake packing out my next ram in 1 piece that is, thanks bud!

I know of two guys who gutted their sheep and hauled the gutted animal down off the mountain to their camp. It was in the 80's in the Wrangel mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by jpost View Post
    That's awesome.....Jake packing out my next ram in 1 piece that is, thanks bud!
    sure will be a whole new meaning to full body mount...

i'm there jason..but i get to pick where we shoot him and how much of my stuff you have to carry!!!
    Master guide 212

He wouldn't have been able to do it without that early model barneys pack
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

That is a very good book, but it makes you realize you were born too late.
    I have a Trapper Nelson just like that. That is all people used until the 1960s.

My grandpa came up in 03 as a young man and got in on meat hunting. He said everyone wanted sheep and goat first and they paid the best. He said they would gut the game and sew up the belly and then keep chunking it down the mountain till what ever the transport was could get easy carry distance from it. He spent three years hunting and walking from Seward to Canada where he quit to finish walking home. Joined the Army in Canada and went overseas joined the Americans got shot and was sent back to Canada and he made it home 1918. Yes I listened to those old stories.Different breed back then.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Amigo Will,
    If you donít put those stories to pen, Iíll buy you Faygo Cream Soda or Vernorís Ginger Ale to hear them second-hand.

Althought not in sheep country, I've done that with deer up here. Strap the whole thing to the drop plate on the pack and go, always regret it afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Althought not in sheep country, I've done that with deer up here. Strap the whole thing to the drop plate on the pack and go, always regret it afterwards
    I put a whole blacktail in my pack once, minus the guts and lower part of the legs. When we got back to the beach, the tide had gone out about 50 yards. I set the pack down and my Dad and I carried the zodiac over a lot of jagged rocks down to the waters edge. I ran my dad out to the boat and returned to shore to retrieve my pack. Problem was, when I initially put my pack on, my dad helped me get it on my back. Initially I couldn't shoulder the pack. Dragging it down to the zodiac wasn't really an option due to the terrain. I was finally able to get the pack picked up, lucky I didn't hurt myself.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast