Thread: BOF news

Default BOF news

http://deckboss.blogspot.com/2013/01...teps-down.html

Board of Fish down one member. Who will replace him I wonder?

More from KTOO
    http://www.ktoo.org/2013/01/08/junea...-of-fisheries/

from the story, "He says “personal reasons” and “personalities” played into his decision, but declined to be more specific."
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Wouldn't mind seeing another member from the interior. Will be interesting to see who throws their hat in the ring.

Don't have to tell you guys it's often a very time-consuming thankless job with plenty of stress and a whole lot of divergent personalities coming at you from all sides. Much more complicated than BOG imo.

Default interesting..

Comments to the news article are quite interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Akbrownsfan View Post
    http://deckboss.blogspot.com/2013/01...teps-down.html

Board of Fish down one member. Who will replace him I wonder?
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Sad to see him go. He understood that there is an economic affect from sport fishing to consider, that commercial fishing is not the only side that has money implications. Wonder if the court decision last summer had anything to do with his decision. The decision that said that since the state screws up the regulations so often that another screwup doesn't qualify for emergency action by the Board, even when the regulatory mess up allows additional fishing instead of less fishing, as the board intent was very clearly laid out during the meeting. Its a crazy world when the drift fleet can benefit from an erroneous writing of regulation by F&G, that will result in higher catches of salmon stocks that are under stock of concern status, can sue to keep the error in effect as law, and win. And the endangered stocks get caught at a much higher rate, because a judge was able to hide behind a procedural issue in not making a decision that would tick the drifters off.