Thread: LaSportiva Nepal Evo GTX's ????

Default LaSportiva Nepal Evo GTX's ????

Anyone have experience with the LaSportiva Nepal Evo GTX's ????? I am doing a Ranier summit(these boots r highly recommended for that climb) in July 2013 and a sheep hunt in Aug 2014. I was trying to get a pair of boots that would handle both. Appreciate any input.

These are the boots I've used for all my sheep hunts for the last 4 years now and I just resoled them this past summer. I've found them to be very tough, have great support, comfortable and so far the best boots I've used for my mountain hunts. My sheep hunting partner used these boots a lot for mountaineering and he's the one who suggested them to me. With that said though my feet get cold in them once in a while and my the toenails on my big toes come off every year after my sheep hunts. Now I just wrap em in duct tape before I take off and a couple weeks after the hunt they fall off instead of while I'm in the field which can be pretty painful. Other than that I like em I think they're good boots but it all comes down to how they fit your feet, seems like I have a harder time than most finding boots that work for me.

They're great boots for a lot of people, but it all depends on what works best for you. I have a buddy that loves them and I tried to fit into a pair but they just didn't fit me right. I ended up going with Scarpa's Mont Blanc GTX. I've had these boots for three seasons now and they've worked out very well for me. Again, it all depends on what fits you best, because if they don't fit you right, they can sure make your life miserable on the mountain.

As far as the scarpas go are they too warm?

ive been trying on boots this last week or 2 and had both the Mont Blancs and the Nepal evos on yesterday at AMH. Both felt good and were very comparible in feel and function . For me I think I'm going with the scarpas since they fit a bit better and are cheaper. Anyone else have experience with them? Tnks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick in Eagle River View Post
    As far as the scarpas go are they too warm?

ive been trying on boots this last week or 2 and had both the Mont Blancs and the Nepal evos on yesterday at AMH. Both felt good and were very comparible in feel and function . For me I think I'm going with the scarpas since they fit a bit better and are cheaper. Anyone else have experience with them? Tnks
    I've never noticed the Scarpa's to be too warm. When I first bought them I broke 'em in all summer long with liners and smart wool socks, but never had an issue with overheating. The reason I chose the Scarpa's over the La Sportiva's is because my heel didn't slide around in the Scarpa's like they did in the La Sportiva's. I waited for REI to have their 20% off any one item in the store and then I also used my dividend and ended up picking them up for around $275.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for that feedback.