Thread: picked up 95 440 bearcat/ Help

Default picked up 95 440 bearcat/ Help

Just got a great deal on this sled it only has 843 miles and is in great shape. itll be used in the woods for coyote hunting mostly pulling a dog sled with 4-5 hounds in it and when not hunting pulling the boys around the farm. i would like to put wider plastic skis on it and get a better track. what do you guys suggestion for upgrades to a sled like this? thanks

Ski skins are the cheapest alternative to new plastic ski's. They mount directly to and underneath your factory steel ski's fairly easily. I just picked some up for my 99 Polaris Tran Sport and have yet to mount them.

http://www.amazon.com/KORONIS-501-10.../dp/B006ZSTD9A
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Ditto on the ski skins. The ones posted previously will do good. A better track? You mean bigger paddles?

Keep an eye on the left side drive axle bearing. When it goes you need to catch it before it does damage to the chassis. There is a bearing that polaris uses to fix this issue. Be easy on reverse. The splines on the end of the axle will twist if misused. And break the end of the axle off if abused.

thanks for the info i do hear a noise comming from the left side i was gonna check it out. i was thinking it was track clip noise or the slides but ill check that axle bearing also. yes i was thinking about getting a track with a little bigger paddle when its time to upgrade i know this track doesnt have alot of miles on it but it still is a 1995. thanks