Thread: Silvers and the Little Su

Default Silvers and the Little Su

I would like to take my boys for silvers (8&10) for silvers and was thinking of the Little Su. We dont have a boat and plan to fish from shore and do some camping. Any info on the best time to go would be helpfull. If anyone knows of other places they would recomend were willing to try just about anything.

Don

The Little Su is awesome both for fishing silvers and for camping with kids. Below the landing there are many good sandbars for pitching a camp and the silvers are usually thick. Below the landing, firewood can be hard to come by in decent amounts, so throw some in.

The fish start trickling in in late July. Look at the regs for when it opens for bait and plan to be there around then (usually it is 2nd week of August I think).

I mainly fish with #3 Vibrax spinners and pixies when not using bait and we rarely have a problem limiting out.

Good luck and post pics of your trips!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thumbs up Fishing

Are ther lots of people on the river for the silvers. Thanks buy the way for the info.

Don

It can get pretty crowded on the weekends, especially when the runs are at their peak.

just up from the boat launch is a nice bar but it can get pretty crowded though.
    goodluck

The Little Su offers excellent fishing for bank fishermen (and women). Up or down from the landing you shouldn't have any problems finding fish for you two boys and yourself. The trick I learned a long time ago was to fish where the river makes a bend. The fish just seem to pool up in the corners like crazy in huge schools. I'd probably also bring a pistol or shotgun as well. There's some bears that hang out around there, usually browns.

Most of the fishing reports are for the Burma campground/launch area. So don't run to the Houston area when you hear the fish are in. The Houston area will run several weeks later depending on water conditions. Expect big changes this year, the flood realy changed the upper Little Su. Be flexible, for every hole that was lost a new one will be formed.