Thread: 1911 Front Strap Checkering

Default 1911 Front Strap Checkering

Wondering if anyone knows of a shop or gunsmith in Anchorage or the Valley that does hand cut or machined checkeing on the front strap of 1911's? Would be nice to find someone local to deal with who could do 25 lpi checkering or even serrations, chain link, ect... Did a quick search and could not find anything in this section.

Thanks

Kid does it

Good deal. Does he hand cut or machine? Not that it really matters to me. I will have to swing by the shop and get an estimate. I have 3 or more I would eventually like to get done. Have a "Franken1911" project re-build I've done that I could start with. I'll bring it by sometime soon if you guys promise not to razz me too bad on my ametuer home 1911 smithin!

Thanks for quick reply Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTERKJL View Post
    Good deal. Does he hand cut or machine? Not that it really matters to me. I will have to swing by the shop and get an estimate. I have 3 or more I would eventually like to get done. Have a "Franken1911" project re-build I've done that I could start with. I'll bring it by sometime soon if you guys promise not to razz me too bad on my ametuer home 1911 smithin!

Thanks for quick reply Ken

I am the razzer extraordianire!