Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUESTION on Form 4473......No caustic Rants.....Just 4473 only

Default QUESTION on Form 4473......No caustic Rants.....Just 4473 only

"IF" the LAW was changed and you had to fill out a form 4473 at all "Gunshow" Purchases.

Would you be inclined to buy fewer firearms...????

Would you attend fewer Gunshows.....????

Q1) YES or No

Q2) YES or NO

Q1) yes

Q2) yes

No, No, don't care/doesn't matter. I have guns. Many are "on the books". Many I don't have anymore.

Yes and Yes...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Would not bother me- most of mine are bought with paperwork involved.

NO
    NO

Has anyone ever considered a TONTINE for hunting enthusiests ? No transfer, you own or have access to a super large number of guns and have them at your disposal at will. Much like a shooting club, or a reloading club ?
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

1) No

2) No

No and No. But to be honest, I stopped going to gun shows a long time ago because I found that there were no more "deals" to be had. You can pretty much get the same stuff at the same price at the local gun shops and not have to pay parking and admission.

BTW, some states in the Lower 48 have banned private sales at gun shows; you can only buy from an FL with a booth.

1:No
    2:No
    Have a pretty good time at most shows. Don't mind filling out paperwork, Uncle Sam knows more about me than I do. Can still find deals if I'm looking in the right spot. It's just a background check and a 4473, no big deal.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

1) No

2) No
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

For me driving to a show is a big deal... a social event that used to get my heart beating like a drum.
    Sharing a table with a couple of friends, swapping a few rifles and pistols and eventually coming home with a different load of guns... Usually without any money left either....
    It was a combination of Vegas and the NRA museum all wrapped up into one....

I would not bother hauling a truck load full of guns around if I have to mess with paperwork... If I swap my 1903 Colt with AGL4now for a double barrel shotgun, that is our business. The same for a hand full of cash if I sell my old Model 12.

If it is going to be like a store..... I will simply go to a store.... There is no reason to sit for two days watching my table if I can accomplish the same transaction in a couple hours over at GNG.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

No
    Yes
    I have been a dealer for 35yrs now and used to go to a lot of shows to sell. Today the internet has replaced a lot of those sales by dealers for sure. In IL even a private party sale requires the seller to document a lot of info similar to a 4473. The way I see it, as long as gun registration is used as a tool to catch bad guys I don't have an issue. If someone in my family, or a friend lets say, were harmed with a weapon I would want the LEO's to have all the info they could get to catch the offender. Now, if the Gov't wants to use the info to take away our firearms then its an entirely different question.
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I's say YES YES and the same will be true for everyone like it or not because there will just be fewer gun shows to do it at. I don't care about the paperwork a bit, I'm an FFL but it will sure put a damper on the shows . . . remember what they used to be like before the first AWB, see what they are now, and understand many more will go away if this passes.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default QUESTION on Form 4473......No caustic Rants.....Just 4473 only

1.na
    2, na

I stopped going to Alaska milsurp display/ knife / t-shirt / overpriced junk shows a long time ago.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No and No. But I avoid buying any gun at our gun shows because they are normally overpriced. The vast majority of the time, used weapons at gun shows have asking prices higher than local stores for the same item NIB.

I also think they should curtail the sell of any firearm between private parties unless the transaction is handled through a FFL dealer and NICS check.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Yes & Yes.

When FTF purchases are prohibited, & the government needs to know, it would make me feel like a crook, or a liberal, or some other kinda riff-raff.

I agree with AD, it would put a damper on gun shows.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

No, No... I don't go to gun shows anymore, so it's a non-issue for me. Would I fight politically to stop legislation requiring it, yes.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

No and No.

I buy and sell firearms several times a year.

I did paperwork for most of the ones I have, and I have some that no paperwork was involved.

I feel we should still have the right to transfer without paperwork, but would like an optional method for us commoners without an FFL to be able to quickly verify someone is not a felon. I would be highly upset to learn after the fact that the guy I sold a weapon to used it in an illegal manner.

That is an example of what I feel reasonable legislation should look towards, providing us with the ability to verify someone for ourselves.

No and no. It is no big deal.

What would make me go to more gun shows is less beef jerky, JoeBob's marinade, and tables and tables of some guy's Case knife collection that he wants to sell for a million bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    The way I see it, as long as gun registration is used as a tool to catch bad guys I don't have an issue. If someone in my family, or a friend lets say, were harmed with a weapon I would want the LEO's to have all the info they could get to catch the offender. Now, if the Gov't wants to use the info to take away our firearms then its an entirely different question.
    Please, show me where registration has stopped a crime from being committed.

Show me where registration has caught bad guys.

By the time the government takes them it will be kind of late to say "Um, wait a minute..." It will be "Um, w" Bang!

Confiscation and subjugation is always the result.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast