Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roughly what is your short term plan for your Firearms Portfolio.......

Default Roughly what is your short term plan for your Firearms Portfolio.......

Please do NOT turn this thread in anything political........This is about inventory adjustments.

What do you want to move to new ownership.........."In General"

What do you want to buy.........."In General"

For example: Now that I am 66 y/o

I would like to reduce the 1911's inventory
    I would like to reduce the Win. M-92 inventory
    I would like to reduce the AR-15 inventory
    I would like to reduce the Handgun ammo inventory

I want to pick-up a quality bolt action rifle in .223
    I want to buy all the "NOVESKE" uppers on earth
    I want to buy several 120MM ammo cans
    I want to buy a dozen 24" to 30" Bowsaws

It is hard to do deals with The little clearity on values........But I would like to make a lot of portfolio changes in the next 90 days.

I think it is only fair to pay this forum it's share..........So what changes do you want to make in your firearms inventory....In "GENERAL".......or feel free to be specific.

NOTE: I keep nearly all of my firearms in a warehouse in Anchorage.

Nothing different than always here.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I'm going to keep the guns I have and am saving funds to get some a Rem 1100, a smallish 9mm semi, and maybe an AR (if the prices become resonable again)

I have always wanted a Stevens tipup 22LR pistol. Other than that I'm pretty well fixed for what I want or need.

Would not mind having another 44mag with shorter barrel.Have a couple military sporters I might trade but fine where I'm at.Don't target shoot so I have at least my lifetime of ammo on hand.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

My left handed Fiance wants to hunt deer, caribou, predators and...

I've decided she needs a Ruger #1 in .243 or .270 that I can "borrow", I'd take either one in a left handed bolt too, just can't find one I like AND can afford!

I want (not need) a Glock 20sf, a small hi-cap 9mm, and a Marlin 60 22lr. I plan to sell a 300-Savage 99, a Husky 270 Win, a Colt SS 1911 45acp officers model, a 4" S&W 64 w/heavy barrel, a 40 S&W Hi-Point Carbine , a 30-06 m-98 (maybe). Currently running a caliber reduction schedule to get to a lower diversity of ammo on hand.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

I rarely sell any,, but I'm looking for a 280AI. Would prefer it in a Kimber Montana.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Want to get: Marlin 22 bolt/tube, MRI .22 with carbon, S&W 617 6", S&W 327 TRR8, RedHawk Rifles 7mm-08, Weatherby Mk V .338 Lapua
    May sell: Win Mod 70 .375 H&H, Weatherby Vanguard 300 Wea

Debating about reducing the different calibers to fewer as Bravo stated.

I'am about as good as I can be.
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun

Unfortunately I had to sell a bulk of my collector items roughly a year ago due to personal crisis. I kept family heirlooms, what I needed for hunting, what I needed for self defense and what I had bought for my son. I used to have a diverse collection covering a broad spectrum of calibers. I now see value in consolidating calibers and keeping things sort of the same. That being said, I have all the ammo I might need for a lifetime, but only if I am miserly with it and not enough for an annual training course. That being said, I'd like to add a G19, PF-9 and 6920 to my safe, in that order. Maybe another .308 bolt action someday, but I had a Ruger Scout for a year and never shot it, so it's likely not that important.

I've got all I need. My next firearm purchase will likely be a small .22 for my son's 5th birthday in May. Other than that, the only thing that tempts me is a 7mm-08, but otherwise I'm set. I have no personal need to have a massive collection, as I have far more pressing gear and adventure needs.

I want to add a 30-06, .308, .223 all in bolt action, and a stainless .357. I don't want to get rig of any of the guns I already own
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Pretty much decided to get rid of all my left handed bolt rifles since buying a Blaser so they will be going onto Gunbrokers at some point during this coming year. Stag Arms AR will most likely be going on the chopping block as well simply because I have no use for it, fired it once in 3 years.
    Seems my latest interests are big bore short barreled revolvers so might add one or two more. Other than that there is really nothing else I need or even want.

Default Roughly what is your short term plan for your Firearms Portfolio.......

I am now at a point where I can afford to buy 2-4 new guns per year. I just got an RR AR15 and a Ruger 1911. The next purchase will be a .338, not sure in model yet.

I'd like to finish setting up a reloading station and start adding to my ammunition stores. I'd like to either repair or replace my malfunctioning 22LR with a a bolt action 22LR. I'd like to own a pre-64 Winchester Model 70 in 30-06, but I'd settle for a Savage 110. Possibly either the new Savage 42 combo gun in 22LR/410 or a Henry 22 for my son. Maybe.

I would like to pick up more 1911's, just never seem to get bored with them! Dan Wesson's or Les Baer's would be perfect! Would like to add a 308 rifle to my inventory, maybe a M1A National Match? A nice target grade semi auto 22 could find a good home as well as a a nice 22 revolver. I have plenty, but a guy can always wish.

I have plenty, but never enough! I have owned somewhere north of 300, but now south of 50. I tend to buy when the mood strikes me, or if it may be something my kids or grandkids may want to inherit... I probably have a dozen I have no reason to keep = yet no reason to sell. I can't think of any logical reason to sell any now, or to buy either for that matter? Lots I still want and only lack of money holding me back
    When I croak I hope it gives my kids a lot of fond memories as they divy them all up!
    So, I guess I am good for now....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Short term not much; Iím still in Afghan for the next six months. As always, while deployed we have plenty of time to dream of what we want to do upon our return home.
    When I get home:
    I plan more on making improvements to the guns I currently have. I just had my 45 SS Ruger BH sent to Bowen to have it tuned, rear sight replaced, and the cylinder and forcing cone worked. Now Iím biting at the bit to see how it turned out. It is is what I want, Mr. Bowen will be getting a few other revolvers to work on.
    Iíd like to add another 7mm-08, got my son a marlin XL7 a few years back and have really grown on the caliber. Iím thinking of getting myself one in the same caliber, but may choose to go with a 223 or 22-250 bolt gun for coyotes instead. Iím not sure yet.
    Will be on the lookout for a 35 Whelen in SS.
    I have been really thinking about a 327/ 32-20 revolver combination. The more I read about the caliber and its versatility the more I would like to try my hand using it as a rabbit gun, trap line gun, or just all around lightweight plinking gun that is still enough for personal protection if need be, even my small handed wife could use it comfortably.
    After thatÖ
    I also need to sight in the 10/22 take down I bought before deployment. Bought and installed a Redfield 3-9X40 on it with Tally quick detachable rings.
    Iíd like to get the 22 kit for my Glock 20, and a 40SW barrel to add additional options to the package. Plus the 40 SW barrel will save money when I use my SW 40 M&P as well.

Thatís enough for now.

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Oh yes forgot, I still need to send in one of my Leuppie's in to have the custom caliber specific turrets installed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast