Thread: Billy Molls' new book...

Default Billy Molls' new book...

Billy Molls, a buddy of mine, and a fellow peer in the guiding business has recently released a book about his fifteen years of adventure and experience guiding hunters in our great state....i've not finished it, but i'm impressed enough to pipe up allready. (just got it today at a trade show...dallas sci convention) Billy has a knack for writing, and also has produced quite a few dvds in his colorful and productive career to date. he's also a good honest guy, and a hard working hunting guide. i highly reccomend the book. its simply an honest look into a guy from the midwest who chased a dream when he was young, and did very well when he caught it. i worked with billy when i was with deltana, and know him to be low on ego, high on production, and just an all around good dude....

zack

Yep hunting to get it for my birthday...we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Yep hunting to get it for my birthday...we'll see.
    I think you might do better if you hint to Becca instead of hunt for it then again you never know?

Thanks for the heads-up.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Will be looking for it........thanks!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I think you might do better if you hint to Becca instead of hunt for it then again you never know?
    HAHA, apparently I don't even need the book since I can't read.

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

I have all his DVDs and I will be looking for his book. Thanks for the heads up!

I'll let Mike know and see if we can get it in our bookstore. Thanks for the heads-up.

My wife gave it to me for Christmas. She knew I was a big fan of his videos. Its a great book. A lot of the stories he writes about you can watch on DVDs.

We have this book in our store; the title is "Alaska and Me", and it's a hard cover. If you're interested in a copy, call Icebear at 1 (907) 895-4919 or CLICK HERE to order it directly from the store.

Thanks for the heads-up!

We also have the entire collection of Billy Molls DVDs for anyone interested:

Alaskan Hunting Adventures DVD

Arctic Antlers DVD

Fury in the Alders DVD

Rampage DVD

The Modern Day Mountain Man season 1 DVD

The Modern Day Mountain Man season 2 DVD

The Modern Day Mountain Man season 3 DVD

The Modern Day Mountain Man season 4 DVD

The Modern Day Mountain Man season 5 DVD

The Modern Day Mountain Man the lost season DVD

Here is a YouTube video from the Lost Season DVD- enjoy!

Note that the Modern Day Mountain Man DVDs each contain two disks, so you get four hours of quality hunting footage. I have watched many of these, and they are some of the best out there. Not just endless kill shots, but some real hunting, running all the way from Kodiak Island to the Brooks Range. They are a great collection.

-Mike
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 01-08-2013 at 17:59. Reason: update
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Fricking good read. Really takes me back to the mountains and tundra. He seems like a good ol' country boy, a professional, a respector of Mother Nature, a good father and a great guide......enough said.

Just watched the Alaska Hunting Adventures DVD. Good stuff!
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by Cast&Blast View Post
    Fricking good read. Really takes me back to the mountains and tundra. He seems like a good ol' country boy, a professional, a respector of Mother Nature, a good father and a great guide......enough said.
    Yep...all the above.

My boys and I really like his DVD collection, Modern Day Mountain Man,....they could watch those over and over

Was a Good Find, cause, by what I can tell, you are right on Nine, that guy has character, tenacity, etc.
    Really the kind of stuff I like them to see, versus some of the other junk hunting videos out there

Thanks for the heads up,...will find that for sure
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by ninefoot View Post
    Billy Molls, a buddy of mine, and a fellow peer in the guiding business has recently released a book about his fifteen years of adventure and experience guiding hunters in our great state....i've not finished it, but i'm impressed enough to pipe up allready. (just got it today at a trade show...dallas sci convention) Billy has a knack for writing, and also has produced quite a few dvds in his colorful and productive career to date. he's also a good honest guy, and a hard working hunting guide. i highly reccomend the book. its simply an honest look into a guy from the midwest who chased a dream when he was young, and did very well when he caught it. i worked with billy when i was with deltana, and know him to be low on ego, high on production, and just an all around good dude....

zack
    Zack........do you know if his book is only out in hard copy?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Excellent book, I bought it and read thru it in two days.... Now I have to find some more reading material, this is a well written book and easy to really get into, I guess thats why I finished it so fast...

I have only seen this book in hard cover 4merguide... If I find it in paperback I will let you know...

We have this book in our store; the title is "Alaska and Me", and it's a hard cover. If you're interested in a copy, call me at 1 (907) 895-4919 or CLICK HERE to order it directly from the store. Don't know if Billy has it available in soft cover.