Thread: Late Run Down Lions Head

Default Late Run Down Lions Head

Not this late... but footage from October, with fellow forum member Marty.
    Enjoy!
    -JR

Nice footage! No concerns about ice shards puncturing those little baloney boats?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Not a concern at all! The only punctures I have had since I bought them were .... Grizzly claws and they now reside at my taxidermist.

IMG_5995.jpg

Also here is a link to it on vimeo for mobile users

-JR

Thanks for the wintertime entertainment. You had a busy, busy year on the water. Now I'm feeling the need for some splashy (warm) water and a set of sticks in my hand.

Mate- this time of year I always try to do the FRANKLIN RIVER in west Tasmania. When I was younger, I would use an IK and 10' SOTAR on my ALASKA WILDWATER Winter trips-- crazy ride for good- best boaters !!! Only paddles no oars!!
    Check out Roman Dials post or book. She is WILD!!!
    My favorite River in the world!! Just do your home work!! Tasmania Australia is a trip within her self and lots of beaches surfing!!And other FUN!!
    Goo

On another thought I once ran IK trips in Fiji-- a pac-raft would work as well. Back in the early 90's we were checking the upper NAVUA, wonderful country with 100's of waterfalls and lots of hiking. Love the place. Problem was the canons with 200' walls. My luck we did the first decent just after a very big storm and had lots of problems!!! Have a new rout around them now--- If you like. Class I-II after that and all kinds of birds, and hiking, swimming, waterfalls!!
    Got the company OARS out of Calif. doing them now. Also the KAVUA even closer to the hotel area for a 1 day trip.
    Also ocean diving, Island crossings, ect.
    Have not been back in a while, but think OARS are still doing them.
    Beach Time!!
    The FRANKLIN is more 'HEAVY DUTY ALASKA STUFF"
    Cabin fever-- I guess!! If you can afford to go-- either would be a BLAST!!!
    Goo

an hours rede