Thread: safety delete for Marlin 1895

Default safety delete for Marlin 1895

i hated the safety on my 45-70 guide gun. I found a company that makes a safety delete bar to say to replace the safety. What do you guys think? I think that it look good. I also can keep the safety and reinstall if I ever decided to sell the gun.safety delety 1.jpgsafety delete.jpg

I cannot answer your question but would like the info on the company. Especially if they make the
    safety replacement part in stainless.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

I ordered it though this guy http://beartoothmercantile-2.myshopify.com/

You know, this day in age, I'm not sure that's a smart thing to do. If there were an accident,regardless if it concerned the safety delete kit or not, the lawyers would have there way with you! On my guide gun, I found an o-ring that fits in the "red" groove perfectly, and keeps it from getting put on safe, but its easily removable if needed.

Good idea Kenaislider, thanks.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

delete. its a good mod and easy to do. besides you still have the half cock safety.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

I've long hated the safeties on the lever guns. We did just fine for over 130 years without them. I won't buy one, but if I'm forced to, I'll take the stupid thing off.

BTW, Brownell's has offered a safety replacement blank for a few years now.
    Now what ?

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I like it.

If my old Marlin had such a safety, I'd blank it four shore.

I don't mind the lil safety on top of my Puma LA, but I did some tinkering with a friend's Marlin, and that steenkeeng crossbolt kept gittin pushed the rong way seemingly without any help from me.

I know I got Old Timers disease, but I like to think, I ain't that, bad.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaislider View Post
    You know, this day in age, I'm not sure that's a smart thing to do. If there were an accident,regardless if it concerned the safety delete kit or not, the lawyers would have there way with you! On my guide gun, I found an o-ring that fits in the "red" groove perfectly, and keeps it from getting put on safe, but its easily removable if needed.
    You have a good point about the lawyers.

I think I am going o-ring hunting today as that is certainly the cheapest way to go. If that does not work to my satisfaction, then I can always buy the replacement part later.
    NRA Life Member since 1974