Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Executive Order... get ready.....

Default Executive Order... get ready.....

Mark my words. We will have gun control, federal registration and ammo control by Executive Order. Perhaps a Presidential Directive... a National Security Directive or something similar. Whatever manner Obama and other attorneys can figure out and dream up that offers the least resistance and the most control. Maybe even a whole new Department and some type of Act. He's already got Biden on it.....Think..... Patriot Act, TSA, Homeland Security, etc. Something along those lines. It will be for our own good, in the interest National Security and also be tied to Health Care somehow. Guns are unhealthy, not conducive to "wellness" or having a safe home. They'll mine out whatever kind of data and "facts" they need to justify it and of course politicize recent events. Listen for the terms... Gun Culture, Assault Weapons, Gunshow Loophole, Common Sense Gun Laws, Epidemic of Gun Violence, Bulk Ammunition, High Capacity, Weapons of War, etc. The Propaganda Machine is at work as we speak. Get ready to get inundated with TV adds, etc. Obama/Biden and others have been waiting for this day. The Perfect Storm is here and they will ride it to the end.

When we hear the president say...

“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it,” Obama said in an interview aired on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I'm going to be making an argument to the American people about why this is important and why we have to do everything we can to make sure that something like what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary does not happen again.”

“I'd like to get it done in the first year. I will put forward a very specific proposal based on the recommendations that Joe Biden's task force is putting together as we speak. And so this is not something that I will be putting off."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...#ixzz2H9H9dF6G

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...#ixzz2H9Flgjfs

And then read this. I fear the Pen will out wield the Congress. They'll let Congress argue about a few other Bills that have already been submitted, in the meantime they'll do what they want to do.

In addition to potential legislative proposals, Biden’s group has expanded its focus to include measures that would not need congressional approval and could be quickly implemented by executive action,according to interest-group leaders who have discussed options with Biden and key Cabinet secretaries. Possibilities include changes to federal mental-health programs and modernization of gun-tracking efforts by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-weighs-broad-gun-control-agenda-in-wake-of-newtown-shootings/2013/01/05/d281efe0-5682-11e2-bf3e-76c0a789346f_print.html

Last edited by Snyd; 01-05-2013 at 17:03.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Mark my words. We will have gun control
    I believe you are right.

I told you guys when he got reelected that we were in for a giant wedgy . . . now it is beginning to look more like Deliverance. Get ready to drop trou and bend over.

I sure would not bet against you Snyd, we learn as we go thru life that most decisions based on emotions turn out to be less than stellar, I fear we have a large group of people in power doing just that.

When we are kids we are taught that the color red is - well red! But if another group called it black then who's right? The answer is nobody is right. So if one person thinks guns are bad and another good is either one right or wrong? No, simply what each person believes, however what is wrong is for one person to tell, demand,or force their version of belief upon the other - hence the loss of freedom occurs for one.....
    I do not preach that others should have guns unless they want them, and I wish they would respect my rights by doing the same.
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

My bet is an Exec. Order adendum to "Homeland Security", then it can be covered by NDAA as well and funding is already available.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    I sure would not bet against you Snyd, we learn as we go thru life that most decisions based on emotions turn out to be less than stellar, I fear we have a large group of people in power doing just that.

When we are kids we are taught that the color red is - well red! But if another group called it black then who's right? The answer is nobody is right. So if one person thinks guns are bad and another good is either one right or wrong? No, simply what each person believes, however what is wrong is for one person to tell, demand,or force their version of belief upon the other - hence the loss of freedom occurs for one.....
    I do not preach that others should have guns unless they want them, and I wish they would respect my rights by doing the same.
    GEEZ Smokey I wouldn't want you to have a bunch of deadly firearms laying around your house ! Just send me a PM when and where to pick'em up and I'll be there.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by drow View Post
    now it is beginning to look more like Deliverance.
    Obama says "Squeal like a pig"

Snyd, I think you are right on track with this one. According to their line of thinking, the evidence (read science) although junk science in my opinion, is already there world wide to justify making the changes. The World Health Organization, WHO, has had the position statement for quite some time that weapons, small arms, are the number one detrimental agent world wide to negatively impact human life. They propose a world wide "gun free zone" as far as private citizens are concerned and have been steadily pushing this agenda through United Nations. I work in the health care field and though we have many active gun owners, recreational shooters, hunters in our ranks from all disciplines, there are also probably many more anti gun practitioners. The administration will likely quote up all of the junk science perpetrated by WHO, get the medical community to side with them. Organizations like American College of Surgeons, American Medical Association, American Nurses Association, ect... Much of the teaching, at least in nursing corriculum deamonize firearms in general as a danger to a healthy society. By getting the stamp of approval from many of these well intentioned medical organizations, it will solidify their position on gun control and help drive the wedge further between law abiding gun owners and the missinformed masses that have already bought into the lie of a global utopian society. I am purly speculating here, but just offering up an opinion from experience gained through over 17 years working in the medical profession, a occupation that has many staunch anti gun advocates.

Quote Originally Posted by drow View Post
    I told you guys when he got reelected that we were in for a giant wedgy . . . now it is beginning to look more like Deliverance. Get ready to drop trou and bend over.
    You do remember how that ended up right
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTERKJL View Post
    Snyd, I think you are right on track with this one. According to their line of thinking, the evidence (read science) although junk science in my opinion, is already there world wide to justify making the changes. The World Health Organization, WHO, has had the position statement for quite some time that weapons, small arms, are the number one detrimental agent world wide to negatively impact human life. They propose a world wide "gun free zone" as far as private citizens are concerned and have been steadily pushing this agenda through United Nations. I work in the health care field and though we have many active gun owners, recreational shooters, hunters in our ranks from all disciplines, there are also probably many more anti gun practitioners. The administration will likely quote up all of the junk science perpetrated by WHO, get the medical community to side with them. Organizations like American College of Surgeons, American Medical Association, American Nurses Association, ect... Much of the teaching, at least in nursing corriculum deamonize firearms in general as a danger to a healthy society. By getting the stamp of approval from many of these well intentioned medical organizations, it will solidify their position on gun control and help drive the wedge further between law abiding gun owners and the missinformed masses that have already bought into the lie of a global utopian society. I am purly speculating here, but just offering up an opinion from experience gained through over 17 years working in the medical profession, a occupation that has many staunch anti gun advocates.
    Thankfully the NRA Attorneys are privy to this kind of thing as well and added language to Obamacare that affords us some protection. But, as we know, this administration does what they want and may very well be able to find a way around this as well. Without this language they could be very creative in attaching firearms to healthcare somehow and requiring us to divulge info. Might still be able to somehow if they put their minds to it.

pages 766 and 767

H. R. 3590—766

(e) Section 2717 of the Public Health Service Act, as added
    by section 1001(5) of this Act, is amended—
    (1) by redesignating subsections (c) and (d) as subsections
    (d) and (e), respectively; and
    (2) by inserting after subsection (b), the following:
    ‘‘(c) PROTECTION OF SECOND AMENDMENT GUN RIGHTS.—
    ‘‘(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.—A wellness
    and health promotion activity implemented under subsection
    (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any
    information relating to—
    ‘‘(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed
    firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property
    of an individual; or

H. R. 3590—767

‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm
    or ammunition by an individual.
    ‘‘(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the
    authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection
    and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that
    Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the
    collection of any information relating to—
    ‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm
    or ammunition;
    ‘‘(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or
    ‘‘(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.
    ‘‘(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.—None of
    the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient
    Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made
    by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used
    to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of
    a firearm or ammunition.
    ‘‘(4) LIMITATION ON DETERMINATION OF PREMIUM RATES OR
    ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE.—A premium rate may not
    be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied,
    and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in
    a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under
    any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance
    with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an
    amendment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance
    upon—
    or ammunition; or
    ‘‘(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition.
    ‘‘(5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR
    INDIVIDUALS.—No individual shall be required to disclose any
    information under any data collection activity authorized under
    the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment
    made by that Act relating to—
    or ammunition; or
    ‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm
    or ammunition.’’.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Ex1811 View Post
    Now for those that voted for the left party candidate, don't you just feel all sort of embarrassed?
    If Romney was in office right now, he'd be taking the same position, just like he did when he signed the gun control legislation in Massachusetts when he was Governor. If you don't believe that, you're kidding yourself. Believe what you wish, but this country is not governed by a dictatorship. The President is going to bow to the will of the majority.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    If Romney was in office right now, he'd be taking the same position, just like he did when he signed the gun control legislation in Massachusetts when he was Governor.
    Conjecture at best. To suggest Romney would pursue the same position is naive in the extreme.

Believe what you wish, but this country is not governed by a dictatorship. The President is going to bow to the will of the majority.
    I think Snyd's point is that while we are not under a dictatorship, the President's action may very well act as if we are. Thankfully I believe there are correctives in place to prevent the intended circumvention, but I can see scenarios that will make things difficult for everyone....
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

If Romney was in office right now, he'd be taking the same position, just like he did when he signed the gun control legislation in Massachusetts when he was Governor. If you don't believe that, you're kidding yourself. Believe what you wish, but this country is not governed by a dictatorship. The President is going to bow to the will of the majority.
    OK, I'm not a big Romney fan (though I voted for him as the L.O.T.E.). I don't think Romney would follow Obama's (supposed) action on this, and here is why: When he was governor of Mass. he knew he was walking a tenuous line as a quasi/pseudo conservative in a fairly liberal state. He leaned somewhat lefty on gun control, and he leaned lefty on abortion. He knew what side his bread was buttered on, so he always compromised. As president, however, he also would have known what side his bread was buttered on; he would have known that conservatives (yes even those of us holding our noses when we voted for him) would not take lightly any action on gun control, and that he would probably be a one termer. So no. I think you are wrong there. Obama has nothing to lose and will use the recent events to their full benefit. This IS and always has been his agenda. He just needed the right circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Romney has a proven record of signing gun ban legislation. It is the epitome of cranial-colonitis to ignore that lil fact.

I sincerely enjoy the laughs over some of the baseline, insipid, and poorly thought out analogies and terms many folks toss around concerning the current administration.

But hey, my stock in Reynolds Wrap is skyrocketing these days, so carry on.
    Of course you have the high ground. I must be the idiot here. I stand by the statement and anyone that is even mildly educated cannot disagree about iofthetaiga's comments being conjecture--they can't be considered anything else. As for the other thoughts I'm clearly not in your league.........thankfully so, I might add.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

IO:
    I think you know better.

Who do you think you're foolin?

I don't know about Romney, but I doubt he would push legislation to control guns.

A dictator doesn't need legislation. Our current president has already shown that he is willing to act like he's a dictator.

He's also gotten away with it.

Some folks wouldn't believe the truth if it bit them in the hiney.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Some folks wouldn't believe the truth if it bit them in the hiney.

Smitty of the North
    Mr. Smitty, we definitely agree on this point.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Irrespective of which administration, political party, liberal, conservative, left, right, or what ever label we might apply, I think it is high time that we agree to stand together as second ammendment supporters and lawful gun owners. It is quite apparent that not everyone on even this forum do not hold the same political views and that is fine. It is what makes us the greatest nation left on this planet where we can peacefully agree or dissagree. I think what we must do is find common ground as LAWFUL, RESPONSIBLE, GUN OWNERS and see when the tides may be turning against us concerning the freedoms we currently enjoy. There may be a huge division in this nation politically, philisophically, and socially as well as on this forum, but the lines are being drawn for a battle on ammunition and firearms ownership in this nation like it or not. We may agree to disagree, but we darn sure better pull together or I see our rights slipping away right before our eyes. That means for the guys who just want to plink with 22's with their kids, shoot trap/skeet/sporting clays, competitive handgun/rifle shotgun shooters, tactical guys who like the modern weapons hi capacity or not as long as we are legally and lawfully pursuing our passions. We are all in the same boat as gun owners in my opinion and better learn to stand together and protect each others rights! There! That is my "If we all pull together" rant, tin foil hat or not!

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    From my perspective it doesn't loo promising, but I hope like heck you and EOTT are correct about having nothing to worry about.
    I have not stated nor implied that there is nothing to worry about. But I do think the behavior being demonstrated lately by a lot of people is in no way beneficial.
    #Resist

I have not stated nor implied that there is nothing to worry about. But I do think the behavior being demonstrated lately by a lot of people is in no way beneficial.
    Maybe not. Perhaps I misread you. What do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Maybe not. Perhaps I misread you. What do you suggest?
    IOthe*****cat never offers any solutions. He just likes to play the DEVIL'S advocate to everyone else's ideas.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast