Thread: Barney's Hunter vs. Moose

Default Barney's Hunter vs. Moose

I am debating wether or not to get the hunter or moose pack from barneys I like the space in the Hunter although the Moose seems more resonable in price...any suggestions or input on either pack would be great thanks

You can't go wrong with any Barney's pack out there! They are all great! I would pick between which one serves your style of hunting more. If you need more space for overnight trips go with a pack with more room. If you just do day hikes from a base camp boat etc the moose pack looks good enough. Don't look at the price. Look at what's going to work for you!
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 01-05-2013 at 11:09.

Default Barney's Hunter vs. Moose

Space is weightless. If you get a small bag, you will always want something bigger. I bought a Yukon bag/freighter frame last year and love it. Plenty of space for an extended hunt and can carry any game Alaska has to offer. My advice, go with a bigger bag. If you are hung up on the price difference, save your money and get the bigger bag when you can afford it. It will be worth it.

Get the Pinnacle
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

+1 on the Pinnacle. You can always compress the empty space easier than trying to tie gear to the outside.

+2 on the pinnacle, and like some others have said, sooner or later you will want more room

I have a Barney's Bob Pack Frame and Alaska Frontier Bag(brand new condition)
    $300 To your door.