Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Bad Boy"

Default "Bad Boy"

We just tested this 6.2 LSA SC. Check out the results! (this message approved by Ice Bear)

Glen

With numbers like that I would be running around at 40MPH everywhere I went, upstream or downstream!

Have you had anyone hit you up to modify one with an existing SJ to drop the 6.2 in? Curious what kind of undertaking that would be.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Wow, impressive numbers. Any plans to put some real weight in the boat for more numbers, say 1500, 2000, and 2500lbs?

There is a 21 foot XS in Fairbanks with a 6.2 in it. I got to go for a ride in it, VERY impresive!

Must have a Whopper of a fuel tank.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Glen, plenty fast and decent economy, assume hammy 212? what impeller was used?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

I'm still awestruck by the 47 GPH!
    But yeah, with that speed it still get reasonable mileage, but still, there must be a sucking noise eminating from the fuel cell.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

That's good as some outboards or even a little better.
    I'm sure with good MPG like that empty it will do well with a load.

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    Based on the speed at 3000rpm it's most likely the 4.0T. The 6.2 SC is putting out some serious HP if it's reaching 4700. At 4500 the 4.0T absorbs 476hp so if its reaching 4700 thats some impressive push out of the jet. My hamilton chart only goes up to 4500. It obviously comes at some serious fuel consumption as well. Consumption at cruise is is nearly double the consumption of a 300hp FNM diesel at 3000 but if a guys wants a serious crotch rocket the 6.2 SC looks like a lot of fun.

Here's a link to specs on the 6.2 SC. To bad they never post the fuel consumption at each RPM but I guess now we know.

http://www.gmpowertrain.com/Librarie...rine.sflb.ashx

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    The 6.2 SC is putting out some serious HP if it's reaching 4700. At 4500 the 4.0T absorbs 476hp so if its reaching 4700, thats some impressive push out of the jet. the 6.2 SC looks like a lot of fun.
    Yeah, pretty cool motor, its definitely not a die-sel.............
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Those are some impressive numbers. Did you do any tweaking of the power train or just bolt it up and take it for a spin?

HG, let us know when you build a boat with a FNM diesel that will hit almost 60mph. I'm sure the guy that wanted that boat was SUPER concerned with fuel consumption. Like comparing a lame Toyota Prius to a BMW M5.

Glen, Nice job. We need more pics
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Glen,

Can we see more pictures of the boat that this is installed in? I am curious if it is a full hardtop of what the details of the setup are. You say you are testing this motor. Is this a customer boat or something you are doing on spec?
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post

Yes, it's a 212 with a 4.0 impeller. Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Based on the speed at 3000rpm it's most likely the 4.0T. The 6.2 SC is putting out some serious HP if it's reaching 4700. At 4500 the 4.0T absorbs 476hp so if its reaching 4700 thats some impressive push out of the jet. My hamilton chart only goes up to 4500. It obviously comes at some serious fuel consumption as well. Consumption at cruise is is nearly double the consumption of a 300hp FNM diesel at 3000 but if a guys wants a serious crotch rocket the 6.2 SC looks like a lot of fun.

Here's a link to specs on the 6.2 SC. To bad they never post the fuel consumption at each RPM but I guess now we know.

http://www.gmpowertrain.com/Librarie...rine.sflb.ashx

Yes, 4700 RPM is alot. This specific 6.2 seemed very strong. Steve at Hamilton questioned the RPM but we confirmed it with a laptop (see cord on right of picture). Steve said 4500 RPM is normal for this engine with a 4.0. He said at 4700 RPM it's making 556 horsepower. Glen

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Those are some impressive numbers. Did you do any tweaking of the power train or just bolt it up and take it for a spin?
    The jet is just the way we got it from Hamilton (we never opened it up). The 6.2 LSA SC is just the way it came from KEM Equipment. Glen

Quote Originally Posted by c-bolt View Post
    HG, let us know when you build a boat with a FNM diesel that will hit almost 60mph. I'm sure the guy that wanted that boat was SUPER concerned with fuel consumption. Like comparing a lame Toyota Prius to a BMW M5.

Glen, Nice job. We need more pics
    Chris lives in Idaho and had a 20' Alaskan XL with a 200 HO outboard jet but wanted more power. Glen

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Glen,

Can we see more pictures of the boat that this is installed in
    23' Super Sport Drifter
    7' Bottom, 8 1/2' beam
    212 Hamilton Jet 4.0 impeller
    6.2 LSA SC

Glen

Is that a tether cord down by the throttle lever? Or is that a "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" safety flag Awesome!!!
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

Quote Originally Posted by Jimw View Post
    Is that a tether cord down by the throttle lever? Or is that a "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" safety flag Awesome!!!
    Teather, just in case you bank a corner too tight and get pitched overboard. Its harder to get pitched overboard when you have a steering wheel to hold onto but with the stick steering I can easily picture it happening. I try to give my passengers warning before hand so they can find something to latch onto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast