Thread: Left handed .375

Default Left handed .375

Hello everyone, thanks for having me on this forum!
    I'm wondering if anyone might be able to provide me with any leads to a left handed bolt action .375 H&H.
    I have seen some safari guns that offer left handed actions but much prefer a synthetic stock to the wood ones that are available.
    I also would like a controlled feed action, iron sights and a SS barrel. I know this is quite specific and expect to have to do some slight modification but the left handed rifles I have found require a complete overhaul and I thought it might be worth a shot to see if anyone could maybe get me close to my specifications. Thank you all for your attention, Have a great day.

I bought one when I worked for the Forest Service. It was a Remington. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jdb3 View Post
    I bought one when I worked for the Forest Service. It was a Remington. Jim
    Thanks Jim, I have Remington's on my list. I also found a link on this forum from 2009 to a LH Ruger. It is ultimately coming down to finding what is closest to my specs. Thanks for your suggestion!

Montana Rifle Company. Buy a stainless lefty barreled action and drop it in a McMillan stock and add iron sights. It is the ONLY current option for a left handed stainless CRF 375 H&H at the moment. Your looking at about $1,800-$2,000 for the complete package.

Second option if your interested is to buy a lefty stainless Ruger 375. Stainless, CRF, laminated stock, built in iron sights, front swivel barrel band mount. Gunbrokers has one for sale, item # 324827657. I bought a spare and it is still new in the box. Would sell it for less than what they are asking on Gunbrokers as I am trying to get rid of most of my bolt actions since going to a Blaser.

thank you Snowwolfe very informative. So far this looks like my best course of action. I can't thank you enough, you know your stuff!

Concur- the lefty .375 Rugers are about as close as you'll get in that price range with CRF. I've got a couple of the righty versions and have gotten excellent service from them.

The Montana 99 is a great rifle but considerably higher.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by Allergic2Led View Post
    thank you Snowwolfe very informative. So far this looks like my best course of action. I can't thank you enough, you know your stuff!
    Your welcome. Have owned 4-5 of the Montana Rifle Company barreled actions and been happy with all of them. My wife has a .308 built on one and I still have a 35 Whelen. Their actions are built like a tank.

Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I've never seen that model.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    I've never seen that model.
    It's a new model for 2013... when you see the new catalog it appears muzzle brakes have grown like mushrooms after a rain storm!
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

got a browning A bolt from buds guns, had the boss on it but not any more, didn`t like it, has iron sites, ss and synthetic stock this is my 4th a bolt in lh

Check Alaska list. Someone is selling a left hand Montana stainless 375 H&H in a syn stock for $1,100.

I would take the Ruger in 375 Ruger over the 375 H&H. My hunting partner just loves his. You get better ballistics and you don't have to worry about the belt and feeding problems that can occur with the H&H. Jim

I had a 375 Ruger made out of a 700. Donor was a 270 so opened mag face, installed sako extractor, douglas barrel at 21 inches, rifle basix trigger, work was done down south,,,,,think about 800-900 in it.

I had to use an extended mag box, without it, could only hold two down, with it I can get 4 down, but 3 feels better in mag (less tension) just FYI if you go the remington route,,,, also had to go with a wyatts extended mag box, didn't need to be extended but it did need to eliminate some of the stagger feed, I was having pretty bad feeding issues,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to do it again I'd go with a mag for the doner, no mods to bolt face, and feeding might be easier to sort out.

Love the gun, my go to for everything here except sheep and caribou, favorite load is R15, pushing a 300 accubond at 2550fps MOA gun, sometimes better when I get my hold right, do have a plan to get a nice french walnut stock, ya, not the best choice for ak but bedded up and sealed, should be fine
    cropped_zps7eb69db8.jpg

Davidsons had the left handed Alaskan Ruger 375's on sale for about $540 last month. My neighbor ordered one and he picked it on Saturday. Nice looking rifle and dang near impossible to beat the price.

you and I are in a similar situation, ive been searching for a crf, open sighted 338 win mag lefty for quite some time... My suggestion would be to look for a used win model 70 safari express in lefty, they were made up till 2004 or 5 as I remember. Not stainless but a guy could buy a syn stock and have it duracoated