Thread: Browning Titanium

Default Browning Titanium

I have been offered my choice of two new Browning Titanium rifles a friend has for sale, one in 270 WSM and the other in 7-08. I do not know anything about the Titanium rifle as far as accuracy and reliability. Plus I have never owned a rifle in either caliber.

Any comments from your experience with the Browning Titanium rifle or about either caliber would be appreciated. I do realize the magnum ammo costs would be much higher than the standard caliber especially since I no longer reload. PM comments are fine also.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

I have a browning A-bolt in .270 wsm. It is not the titanium model, but still fairly light. It is my favorite gun to shoot, very accurate. I have also had success hunting with it, taking a moose and deer. IMO it is a very versatile round, perfect for sheep, deer, and caribou, but small for moose,goat, brown bears. I have also had luck finding many different kinds of factory ammo for it.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I also have an A-bolt in .270 and pretty much agree with everything hoose35 said. I let my sister shoot it last summer, and I think I better keep it locked up when she is around now, she would love to have that gun!

I have the titanium in .325. very light and accurage

7-08 all the way

My Browning Ti is very accurate and light. Love it. I would go with the 7-08 all day long.

Dotto what wenzelldo said. I have the Mountain TI in 325 wsm and really enjoy shooting it. Shot a brown bear and moose with it this year.

Randy

I also have a Browning Mountain TI...quickly becoming my favorite gun to carry...since I don't shoot anything.

Is there a difference in the action between the 270 and 7-08 on the Browning? If not then I would be tempted to go with the 270 and use the new Accubond LR bullets due out in March. If the short action is lighter though that would make it an easy go for the 7-08. I really like the .284 bore in all of it's flavors!

Lujon I am far from an expert on this particular rifle. I do not think Browning ever made it in a long action. Either way, the two choices
    I have are 7-08 and 270WSM. From the input I have received, the 7-08 seems to be the logical choice.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Default Re: Browning Titanium

7-08

sent from my igloo

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    7-08

sent from my igloo
    Yep if the 7-08 is 4+1 then I'd go that route for sure. If not then get the WSM.

I just purchased a new stainless X-bolt in .270WSM. The rounds bought already built are costly, so I picked up 100 winchester brass and a hundred barnes TTSX in 130gr for her, going to try some accurate powder and also some RL19. I topped her with a 4.5x14x40 Loupy VX3 in the big game reticle.

Hoping to use it for a sheep hunt next year, and it will most likely become the salt boat gun for blackies too.

The .270WSM and the 7mm-08 should have about the same performance - for your GA deer - either should do you fine.

I own a small safe full of 7mm's and my Kimber 7mm-08 is my favorite but don't own the Ti. A quick check of my Nosler reloading manual reveals the 270WSM with a 150 grain bullet can speed 2992 fps with max load of 58 grains of IMR4350. The 7mm-08 can go 2692fps with a 150 grain bullet but max load is 44.5 grains of IMR4350. So I'd say if you want a flatter trajectory/higher speed go with the 270WSM. I know you said you don't handload but I just threw these velocities out there for comparison.
    Brian