Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best hunting trip ever

Default Best hunting trip ever

Lost my little dog yesterday morning and searched the woods till way past dark. This morning I went hunting for her again and found her sitting in the trail asking where I've been. She was hungry and for sure cold but fixed that quick and we will both sleep well tonight.

Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Awsome!!

Fewer friends in this world like a good dog, they ask nothing and are there for ya, as true friendship should be.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

That indeed is a great success. Gotta love our 4-footed faithful companions!

Now there's a story that brought a smile to my face. Glad you got your buddy back safe and sound!

Right on! I hope that you never get drawn for that tag again.

Great Story!
    I've made that hunt a few times. One hunt was not sucessful and I will carry him to the river with me when I pass. He was a great flushing lab that made it to the hwy before I found him.

Great news!

nice will! nothing like a good dog, stranger said it well...hell, even a bad dog is better company than lots of people i meet. i dont have kids (yet anyway) and i know when i'm away for months at a time i miss my wife, but my dogs are missed dearly also, and theres always guilt when my male pitty watches me pack...he knows that his season of hiking and hanging in the hills with dad is over for a while. glad you found her man. as our sweet little female pitty turns 13 and is finally slowing down, the inevitable is near, and a guy tries to spend as much quality time with em as he can....

Thanks to all of you. Her feet are sore and she stayed real close today.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Sounds awesome that you found your four footed companion. I take my four labs hunting, fishing, hiking and camping quite often and nothing makes me happier than when we all make it home safely. Maninuska Glacier 162.jpg

Glad you found your pup AW. Good deal.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanhidalgo View Post
    Sounds awesome that you found your four footed companion. I take my four labs hunting, fishing, hiking and Maninuska Glacier 162.jpg
    Don't you mean 3 labs and a "pit" lab...???.......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Glad you found her safe and sound. I had the mis fortune of having my faithful companion die in my arms the friday before Christmas. Actually glad I was there- if you all know what I mean. Just shows that Ol age catches up with us and our "friends'.

Chris

Hug her for me!! I went through almost the same thing. Luckily, I found him also.. Kodi passed away recently at 14.5 yrs. He was a Good boy! I hope you have many more years with yours....

Sure glad you found her Will it must of been gut wrenching looking for a lost friend. A trick I learned from the gun dog community is to leave a coat or something with your scent on the trail and lots of times you will find a lost one the next day laying on the coat. Never had to try this trick and hope you never do either. Glad she is home with ya...

Success is measured in satisfaction of the journey and memories made. Congrats on your success!

Oh man, glad you found her. That had to be a long sleepless night for both of you.

Good eye.....Dixie was adopted when my friends moved to Germany and she is a pit/lab mix. Good thing is that she doesn't know she's different and I love her all the same.

Glad you found her man. I know how ya felt. Lost my bud at the top of Geroge Inlet near Ketchikan one Nov while duck hunting. Found him 3 days later at the logging dock on Carrol Inlet, 8 miles away, covered in anti freeze and oil. He'd been sleeping under the trucks, I was unloading the dirt bike to search the roads when he walked down the dock.

Well done Amigo for sure, However when I study the pic it appears she knows exactly where she is and was looking for her lost Master!
    Glad it ended well, I have lost a couple to cars and many to age, none are easy to take....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast