Thread: Wooldridge Factory Tour

Default Wooldridge Factory Tour

I was in Washington on vacation a few weeks ago and needed a boat fix so I made a stop by the Wooldridge factory. I really enjoy seeing the process of a boat going from raw aluminum to someones pride and joy. Glen and Grant were very nice to show my Dad and me around the shop. There are a couple of cool Wooldridges coming out so I thought I would share a few pics. This the first of the series of pictures.

Offshore T 001.JPGOffshore T 002.JPG

I really liked this center council version of the Super Sport. I think it just looks cool. The front opens up for gear storage and has enough room for a guy to stay out on the hook if the fishing is good. There is also a porta potti in the small V area. The front hatch has handles on the inside and the outside to allow quick access no matter what side of the cabin you are on. The boat has the extended transom as well. Something I am definitly going to add on my next boat.

Offshore T 003.JPGOffshore T 004.JPG

A couple of different angles of the center council. It is a fishing machine!

Offshore T 005.JPGOffshore T 006.jpg

Now I am more of an ocean guy, but this boat that Glen showed me had me wanting to run up the little Su. Glen added P-tex to the bottom of this fast river sled. Looks slippery!

Slick 001.JPGSlick 002.JPG

A couple more shots of the bottom.

Slick 003.JPGSlick 004.JPG

Thanks for sharing! They sure are good at what they do! That center console is a nice looking boat.

Nice! I would love to take a tour one day. I love seeing boats in the process.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Mr. Propnut...I'm excited to see some UHMW on a Wooldridge...but showing us those pictures without details should be against forum rules

...so how about some details..how thick? how is it attached? how much? etc...

------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

[QUOTE=tjm;1227705 I'm excited to see some UHMW on a Wooldridge...but showing us those pictures without details should be against forum rules

[/QUOTE]

Here are the details. We used 1/2" UHMW. First we put a layer of vinyl on the bottom of the boat to help protect the aluminum from corrosion due to fresh or salt water trapped between the hull and the UHMW.

Next, we tapped the hull so the bolts can pull the UHMW tight to the bottom. We used 3/8" aluminum bolts and welded them on the inside so that they are less apt to leak if they get banged up.

We have made what we call a replaceable keel skid gaurd to take the bulk of any abuse. It has a 2" strip of UHMW screwed to a 2" aluminum channel keel. If the 2" strip of UHMW has to be replaced, you don't have to replace all the UHMW. Glen

I also stoped by the factory on the way back home a few weeks back. They were sure busy, seemed like there was more Offshore boats under construction than jet boats. Here are a few pics from the shop visit.
    Looks like the number 2 OB jet ever built.

can't get this one to flip in photobucket!!!!!!

Luke working on Matt's "Ellamar" Dads boat

This was an XL with a drop down bow, a mid windshield. This one is should be seen on the Susitna I think Glen said. A 250 Yamaha jet was waiting to be mounted on it.

This on was an XL with a SJ headed to Grants Pass, another mid windshield boat

I wouldnt think of Montana as an Offshore boating state but this 26 Pilot was headed there with a 300 Yamaha. Nice white paint for the cab with the carbon fiber rear floor boards. I would like to see this boat when it is done outside in the sun an interesting color kind of cole with an orange tint. Anyone see somthing different about this one??

A Sport Offshore hard top going over seas in a container.

My favorite the 20XP 440 with Plastic

Quote Originally Posted by sport drifter View Post
    I wouldnt think of Montana as an Offshore boating state but this 26 Pilot was headed there with a 300 Yamaha. Nice white paint for the cab with the carbon fiber rear floor boards. I would like to see this boat when it is done outside in the sun an interesting color kind of cole with an orange tint. Anyone see somthing different about this one??

Here is a picture of it on the water with test results. Glen

Seeing as how its in Seattle, there must be some really tasty coffee at the HQ eh?
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by sport drifter View Post
    This was an XL with a drop down bow, a mid windshield. This one is should be seen on the Susitna I think Glen said. A 250 Yamaha jet was waiting to be mounted on it.
    Yes we did install a 250 on it and here are the results. Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Wooldridge View Post
    Yes we did install a 250 on it and here are the results. Glen

Glen, 23.6mph/7.0gph = 3.38. You may want to correct your bulletin.

THANK YOU! your correct. Glen

Here's the corrected test numbers. My favorite subject in school was math, believe it or not. Glen

I was in Seattle last week and had the opportunity to spend a little time with the folks at Wooldridge. Had a great visit with Glen, Grant and crew and a great day looking at new boats. This is a picture of a new XL Sport Jet headed for Marita Sea & Ski just in time for the 2013 boating season.