Thread: How's the riding up the Yentna?

Default How's the riding up the Yentna?

The lack of snow sure is hurting the fun this winter! Has anyone been up the Yentna or out to Alexander Lake? If so, how has the riding been on and off the river?

From landing down to Scary tree the Su, Is marked and getting packed hard, Lots of shelfs and holes, few open leads, so pick your spots if get away from the marked trail. They tell me that Yentna, is better with bit more snow.we had no problems, and found some nice snow in the sloughs and off back sand bars, There is some overflow here and there, last weekend nothing bad .About all i can add

the Yentna is in good shape although it rained for a couple of days out there. the swanps out to Alexander are still pretty rough. If you do go out to the lake be careful as where the lake necks down and everybody fishes there was still open water about 2 weeks ago and just recently froze over so with the warm temps the ice might not be very thick right in that area.

The rivers have a bunch of slush in the low spots, lots holes punching through the trail. The parking lot at the Deshka is a mess like in the spring time with deep ruts, hope they get the bucket loader after it before it freezes.Rain all weekend . Was a very wet trip, soaked though. couldn,t see a thing rain glasses goggles..

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    The rivers have a bunch of slush in the low spots, lots holes punching through the trail. The parking lot at the Deshka is a mess like in the spring time with deep ruts, hope they get the bucket loader after it before it freezes.Rain all weekend . Was a very wet trip, soaked though. couldn,t see a thing rain glasses goggles..

Sounds like a trip out this weekend is out of the question then. Again :<

I came back from up the yentna sunday night and the whole thing is a mess. Lots of standing water on top of the ice. If you know what you are doing you can still get around because there is not that much snow but very wet and lots of overflow. I came back with a frieght sled behind my wide track and did not get stuck but I wouldn't suggest it. Once it gets cold things will be very bumpy out there. I sure hope it gets cold and some snow so we can enjoy the rest of the winter.

We came back today, Temp +28 ..5-6in new fluff snow, somebody had pulled groomer, out on the river {thank You }sun was out. good light to see,
    Just one of those finer days of riding you can have.

LSDA group was out grooming. They have the river from the Deskha Landing to the Yentna station in great shape....

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    We came back today, Temp +28 ..5-6in new fluff snow, somebody had pulled groomer, out on the river {thank You }sun was out. good light to see,
    Just one of those finer days of riding you can have.
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

They did a fine job.. Thanks to them. Trail was nice!

If anyone wants to help out the LSDA that does the grooming they could become a member for $35.00 per year . All money goes to the grooming expenses as no one get paid. The anual meeting will be held at Eagle Quest just outside the gate at Deshka Landing. It will be on January 31 at 6 pm. The funding is less than last year come out and lend your support. If you have question's call Ray Roth at 495-1116